1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the hold up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Feb 12, 2021.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What

Joe Rocket and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I said what I said.

Jontro likes this.
  3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

You mean trade them for picks? Or are you gonna get some pieces with that?

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think the hold up now is any player that we wanted to trade has lost significant value over the past week.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  5. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Nets will figure it out. They have only had KD + Kyrie + Harden for a handful of games due to injuries and protocol. They have the best offense of all-time, and will pickup a serviceable big on the buyout market or at the trade deadline.

OpportunityCost, HP3 and hajkov like this.
  6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

This will get uglier.......
    But you must trust the process.

BamBam likes this.
  7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You wanted a completed rebuild in 3 weeks? lol what world are you living in?

8. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Personally I'm on hiatus at the moment. There really isn't anything to watch in Rockets basketball at the moment tbh. Just a bunch of random veterans running around wearing a Rockets jersey with a subpar offense. Not much to root for.

When/if we trade Gordon/Tucker/Oladipo, and Wood and Porter hit the floor, then we got a lot of cheer for. Until then, colour me as uninterested.

HP3 and tycoonchip like this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Uh, well first of all Joseph it's been 6 months since Dantoni quit.

Secondly, how completely and utterly disingenuous for this organization to drag out naming new GM, drag out coaching search, drag out the Harden trade and then say, what, it's only been another month?! Yeah it's been another month and all they've done is upgrade Spalding to a 2 way.

10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This is the dumbest history rewriting post ive ever had the misfortune to bother to read. I feel stupid for reading it and beg you to never say anything like it again lol

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We need to keep developing young talent and accumulating assets, especially picks. That’s what rebuilding teams do. That direction was set in motion when we traded Harden for picks instead of a young rising star. It’s going to take some patience.

we can’t let pj and Vic walk for nothing. I think those guys are gone by the trade deadline. I also think you’ve gotta consider moving Gordon if you don’t have to kick in anything simply because he could reinjure himself at any time and lose value -sell high.

I’d rather see the young guys develop. More nwaba more Tate!

pr0wler, BossHogg713 and jordnnnn like this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Rewriting? You're the one who thinks it's been 3 weeks Joseph.

Thank god John Wall is the face of the franchise now. I was tired of having a 40 million dollar player that showed up and scored 35 every game.