1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what's something weird or interesting about you?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TWS1986, Oct 12, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Are we talking about random nonconfrontial run-in with celebs? I got one of those.

I tried on some Lebrons at a foot locker in LA, and all of the sudden see all the employees float around to the right of me, and I hear "Welcome to footlocker Mr.Foxx".

I tried on some sneakers next to Django son!

Nook and TWS1986 like this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

On a dare, I did an intentionally terrible picture for my 8th grade yearbook. Our school had reshoots so my plan was to just do that. And I did! The reshoot picture was normal.

.... Yet, in the yearbook, they still used my horrible first picture.

STR8Thugg, Nook, Yung-T and 1 other person like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Look at the size of that head! It’s a virtual planetoid and it has it’s own weather system! Looks like an orange on a toothpick! She’ll be crying herself to sleep tonight, on her huge pillow.

[​IMG]

4. Buck Turgidson

I have broken 17 bones of my own

#44 Buck Turgidson, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

******* man. That's a lot of broken bones. My war story is I completely bent back my pinky playing flag football out of all things. Still a little jacked up today but about 95% good.

Xerobull likes this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

3x mosquito festival cornhole champion.

7. Xerobull

...in a row?

8. Buck Turgidson

No, not all at once, mostly.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My freshman year in HS, i changed my name tag for the picture guy and handed it to him before he took my picture. Surprisingly, the photographer fell for it so I got my picture in the yearbook with my name listed as Neil Peart. I still have the yearbook around here somewhere. I'd post the pic if I could figure out how.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Take a picture of the picture and then upload it

TWS1986 likes this.
  11. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

One time at the Macy's home store area at Baybrook Mall, I set all dozen of the kitchen timers to go off in ten minutes...and I left.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The two most famous celebrities I've met died of overdoses. I once met Anna Nicole Smith at a burger joint out near Katy called Clay's, she was super cool and very hot. She was at a soccer party for her son. I also met Chris Farley at one of those Chinese buffets on Westheimer. He was in town for an appearance at Hard Rock Cafe. He had sunglasses on indoors so he kind of stuck out. He was very quiet, shy unlike his media persona.

13. droxford

droxford Member

Beer gives me a super-painful headache. I've tried different kinds of beers from different nations and haven't found any pattern as to why (yeast? hopps? sulfides?).

I have no known allergies (except, perhaps, to beer; see above). I'm not even allergic to poison ivy.

I can bend my thumbs backwards in a freakish way.

I met John Voight once at Disneyland (and got a selfie with him). Super nice. (this was years ago, just after he was in Tomb Raider and he was wearing a Tomb Raider jacket).

I once sat next to Kenny Smith in an airplane. He didn't want to talk. All he said was that he thought Utah would win the championship.

Yung-T and TWS1986 like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

What about Dr. Pepper?

15. Xerobull

My friends and I got into all sorts of shenanigans at Baybrook. We would throw stink bombs then walk briskly to the other side of the mall, wait 30 minutes and go back when the stink was gone. We would look at girls we would never talk to and talk **** to jerks after we left the arcade and they were still in there.

Rebels.

16. droxford

droxford Member

...*sigh*... same ol' Buck.

TWS1986 likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

I just hope your kidneys are ok

18. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

How do you do this? I mean, specifically what would you say/do? Can you give an example?

19. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Dang. That's crazy. Almost like migraines but for beer? Huh.

20. Xerobull

I'm going to give my two cents but I'm going to spoiler because I want Nook to answer before he reads my post.

It's a very nuanced, multi-layered answer. Having this level of salesmanship requires a deep, intuitive genius-level understanding of spoken communication and body language. You're a chameleon. You need to be able to pivot quickly and gracefully to subtly counter objections, spoken and unspoken. Most of this is so fast and graceful it's at a subconscious level. There's a deep need to be accepted and loved but at the same time you believe in yourself so deeply that you project a shiner-level, unshakable confidence in everything you do and say.

You're a cult of personality and every hanger-on you acquire is part of your feedback loop and makes you stronger. Even though you're a loner at heart, you're an alpha and apex predator and you believe your in own bullshit so much in the moment you project that belief and people blindly believe you to their core. You're probably not a bad looking person and your physical attractiveness is increased by your ever-growing confidence. You can lie and bend the truth perfectly to achieve your goals to a sociopathic level.

You feel like you're working magic when you're on and it's a high unlike any drug. You control the room and everyone hangs on your word. You can be Kennedy in your sincerity or Eddie Murphy in your humor. The only thing that can damage you is yourself.

Based on this synopsis, I will leave you to find examples.

#60 Xerobull, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020