1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what's something weird or interesting about you?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TWS1986, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Band I went to see was Gojira. The headlining band was In Flames. IIRC, the fall happened during In Flames.

"Gojira's sound blends several styles.[4][50] Gojira are a technical death metal band[51] "with an unpredictable blend of death, thrash, groove, progressive, and math metal."[52] Gojira have been influenced by heavy metal artists such as Godflesh, Slayer,[53] Sepultura, Death, Morbid Angel, Meshuggah, Tool, Metallica, Pantera, and Neurosis.[54][55]

Gojira play a technical and rhythmic style of heavy metal with precision drumming along with blast beats, unusual rhythm patterns, and start-and-stop riffs. Gojira have also been known to incorporate textured atmospheric elements and instrumental songs into their music.[6] Gojira songs have progressive and uncommon song structures, rarely using the standard verse-chorus songwriting.[6] The vocal style is varied, using the screamed style often employed in extreme metal, with the death growl style predominantly used in death metal, in addition to clean vocals and higher screams. At times, death metal growls and clean vocals are mixed to create an aggressive but melodic effect.[50][54]

Gojira's lyrics tackle themes of life, death, rebirth, spirituality, and nature.[56][57] In particular, their 2005 album From Mars to Sirius is a concept album tackling environmental issues and broader themes of life, death, and rebirth."

From Mars to Sirius is still my favorite beginning-to-end album. Might be partly due to nostalgia feels, but I think it's great.

mikol13 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Damn, son, maybe you should have followed her. A woman these days who is interested in something off of the top 40 pop/country pop list is probably worth sitting around in an ER for a shot.

mikol13 and Yung-T like this.
  3. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I can beat Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania 1, Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!, and Contra (in one life with the regular gun).

DreamShook, TMac'n, cmoak1982 and 3 others like this.
  4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Also, I gave Xerobull negative feedback on eBay. :p

DreamShook, cmoak1982, Jontro and 3 others like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Life. Life is weird and interesting.

Xerobull likes this.
  6. droxford

droxford Member

I call BS on you, sir! Charlatan!

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I should be dead.

DreamShook, TWS1986 and Xerobull like this.
  8. Xerobull

Liked!!!

9. Nook

Nook Member

1. I have done some horrible and horrendous things many years ago that should have prevented me from living the life I live. I have the ability to get people to do whatever I ask them and used to have a strong anti establishment streak and a desire to just see chaos and did terrible things just to see if anything would happen.

2. All of my friends through my early 20's are dead, in long term prison facilities or are currently employed by me.

3. I have dated a couple of fairly well known women and we did a lot of things that were reckless and I am ashamed of.

4. Outside of my wife and a couple of friends that I employ, no one that currently knows me is aware of the person I used to be.

5. I am pretty sure I am a narcissist and have had a split diagnosis on whether I am a sociopath..... although there is some question about whether or not one can "stop" being a sociopath, as that diagnosis was many years ago and now the psychiatrists I have seen say that I do not fit the clinical diagnosis of a sociopath or even a narcissist.

6. Fire can be a lot of fun.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I know people that can help you out with that.

DreamShook, TWS1986 and Xerobull like this.
  11. Xerobull

My therapist said I was a narcissist.

...but I'm pretty sure she was just in love with me.

1- when you say you can get people to do whatever you want, do you mean by persuasion or with the help of some hard, pipe-hitting’ mofos, some pliers and a blowtorch?

#31 Xerobull, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    mikol13, fchowd0311 and TWS1986 like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

My left leg is like half an inch shorter than my right leg.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Both. I can talk people into violence on my behalf or I can talk directly to people and get them to do things they would normally never do. I try very hard not to abuse it anymore and because I feel responsibility I think I am not as good at it as I was in the past. I feel a lot of remorse for my past and am paranoid about flipping the switch and being who I was... I just don’t have the stomach for it anymore.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'm very religious with strict morals and values. i am disgusted by the pr0n industry and how it objectifies women and corrupts the young generation. fapping is an act of the devil and will turn you blind.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My uncle had the same issue after my dad hit him with a car. I'm not sure about the mechanisms behind that incident. He lived with it for 20 years, but it gave him a lot of back problems, he finally had surgery on it, after surgery I think he struggled with the pain killers and alcoholism for a little bit, he eventually quit the pain killers.

fchowd0311 and TWS1986 like this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Amen.

TWS1986 likes this.
  17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'm directly related to a certain Vice President :)

Can't get too much into detail as far as the family tree goes, or else y'all will know my true identity. ;)

But yeah, it's cool having White House property/artifacts around the house.

DreamShook, cmoak1982 and Nook like this.
  18. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Here's another one that is probably quirky. I like my deodorants to match my body washes.

DreamShook and Nook like this.
  19. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Dalton Pence is that you?!

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I sat next to AnnaSophia Robb at a burger place in LA shortly after Soul Surfer came out. It was outdoor and our tables were really close, so she was just a couple feet beside me. She was hawt. And gave off a "don't talk to me" vibe. I obliged.