1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Solomon Hearing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by desihooper, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

That was the JVG offense when we would just dump it down to yao on one side of the block every time. We didnt have very many options.

Now theres more of a focus on yao moving without the ball and getting it deep after its been moved arond for a while. If we have enough confident shooters around yao, it would take alot of pressure off of him, and his shots would come within the flow of the offense instead of being forced.

Yao's faced Utah twice this season and we won both games. His numbers pretty much coincide with his averages up to this point. 26 points/11 rebounds/3 TOs and 19 points 11 rebounds/3 TOs. In both games he had a plus minus much higher than anyone else in the game.

The difference between Yao in the playoffs 2 years ago and Yao in the regular season so far this year against the jazz is that his team mates made outside shots in this years games. 12 3s in the first meeting and 11 threes in the second meeting. They shot over 40 percent in both games. If we could do that consistantly, not many teams could hang with us. Problem is, the guys getting the open looks havent been consisntant. Namely Rafer Alston and Shane battier. I think Battier will get his stroke back. Alston...well he's never going to be a consistant jump shooter.

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I have no idea where the Chris Bosh speculation is coming from. Why would Toronto trade him?

I'm pretty sure they want to build around him. Talented big men are hard to find these days.

I guess I'll cross off Caron from my wish list.

3. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Is it Iverson?

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Please, no. I hope not, anyway.

People are already tired of poor shot selection; Iverson would only add to the anger.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chris Bosh is unhappy in Toronto and has made it clear that he'll probably move stateside in 2010. I'm sure Brian Colangelo wants to get something out of him either during this season or the summer.

6. opticon

opticon Member

I have a feeling the deal will be a combination of head,artest,scola for bosh
    or head,artest,landry for bosh. Artest,scola,landry and head are our best trade assets. If any trade goes down its going to involve 3 of or all of those players in any major deal that we do.

Solomon said that every one would be happy if the deal went through, Chris bosh is one of the few players I think just about everyone would be happy if we got.

But honestly I think we will end up doing nothing till the end of the season.

7. DOHCtah

DOHCtah Member

Chris Bosh, Calberon, and Bargnani have been labeled "untouchable" by Raptor's management. These rumors are from little idiots on this board who are just Rockets fanboys who don't follow anything on the rest on the NBA...

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

This thread has taken a life of its own. Lots of speculation.

9. dlite316

dlite316 Member

tmac for wade...hahahahahaha...
    just like gasol to lakers for nothing...

10. Landlord Landry

yea, well.......there were alot of fairly intelligent 'fanboys' on this site who know alot about the rest of the NBA who didn't think we were getting Ron Artest, especially for peanuts.

But please continue to tell us how to be a fan.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

OK i'll help.

Just because a trade works on NBA Live doesn't mean it works in reality. :cool:

I kid. But personally I find people that say "that'll never happen" to be much less annoying than people who make post after post starting ridiculous trade rumors. Just a thought.

12. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

For the record Houston's PR sucks.... Even the SPURS have something out there on the market... Houston runs the team like secret service and it sucks!!

13. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

I think it's better that way.

You wake up one day and holla, RON ARTEST :D

14. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Hmm...so there's Bibby, Peja, Hedo, Gerald Wallace, Brad Miller....any others? I'd like Gerald Wallace or Bibby. Bibby seems unlikely, but Gerald Wallace could be an option.

15. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

I am from Toronto and Raptors does not have any intention to trade any of the untouchables Jose,AB and CB. I will be ssssoo happy if they do.

16. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Its Gerald Wallace. And possibly Raymond Felton.

17. RedRox29

RedRox29 Member

Rick Adelman for JVG :D
    Get it done Morey!

18. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I heard ESPN wants us to throw in a 1st round pick for JVG.

19. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Personally, my guess is Richard Hamilton. The chips from our side would likely be Artest + Scola/Landry + Head for Hamilton and filler (quite possibly a big man). If I were Detroit, I'd want Scola, which signals that quite possibly they are letting Sheed go after this season, or at least not throw him a big contract. Landry, on the other hand, is more of the mold of Maxiell and Amir Johnson, which makes him less attractive. Scola would also fill in the void for Sheed's departure. If I were Daryl, I'd try to move Landry instead, because Scola offers better defense and we would still be in the mix. Landry has potential, and if Detroit finally agrees on taking Landry, they will be looking towards the future and are likely to give up either Maxiell or Johnson, depending on who they think has less potential. They would end up being the biggest player on this year's FA market, which isn't too shabby considering the madness for 2010. With AI, Sheed and Artest all going off the books this summer, they will have a lot of cap room. My prediction of the trade:

Artest + Scola + Head for Hamilton plus a Detroit big man (Kwame?).

or

Artest + Landry + Head + our 2011 first rounder for Hamilton + Johnson/Maxiell

The rationale is that if we lose both Artest and Scola/Landry, we would be extremely shallow at the PF/C spots and Chuck would be the first front court guy off the bench :eek: . So we need a big in return. There might be a third team involved to spin it around some more.

Just my 2 cents. P.S. Artest in the Palace again? Can you imagine? What if he just quits on them? I mean, the point is his contract, but still...

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Thanks Brooksball for detailing the 2010 situtation as it SHOULD be looked at. 2010 is just combining 2 free agency periods into 1, period. And every free agency period or trade period has its hits and misses.

Scottie Pippen in his 30's was a big free agent signing for the Rockets many years ago. If Pippen's name was in the 2010 free agent list does that magically make him good and worth shedding payroll for? Its all about the Lebron storyline, without Lebron it wouldnt have 1/3 the interest

The only deal thatll make me happy is a point guard upgrade, and somehow keeping most the core together. I'm tired of the Amare and Boozer rumors improving the least position of worry on the team. But I'm getting used to it being either Scola or Landry involved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.