1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Solomon Hearing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by desihooper, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

exactly.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

The list is not nearly as huge as people think when you consider the age of most of the players not named LeBron, Wade and Bosh. 2010 has become so hyped up that the best thing for most GMs to do is not buy into the hype and rob a team that has bought into the hype. Their are 3 players that will be entering their primes worthy of all the hype. 2 of those 3 players are almost certainly going to end up on teams not named the Rockets. The rest of those stars (Nowitzki, Nash, Pierce, Allen, etc...) are great players now but are already getting up their in age. Two years from now, they will assuredly be on the decline and many teams and fans will be disappointed they spent so much time and energy thinking about "2010." Without a doubt, the majority of teams planning for 2010 will not get what they were hoping for since demand will far outweight the hyped up supply.

3. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

I don't blame Artest for what he is.. i like the guy but he doesnt fit our scheme of things for sure.. esp when Mac is on the floor... two ball hogs are a pain in the ass... I don't know whether the coach is to blame.. or..

Bosh is a great player agreed... Just wondering abt the fit... and if we manage to get Bosh now.. we can trade T-Mac in the off season and get a playmaker who can shoot the ball well (a good PG/SG)

4. drich

drich Member

you could not have said that any better.......finally someone is actually seeing the big picture...OVER HYPED

5. BrooksBall

Daryl Morey said it was fool's gold just last week on the radio!

He also said almost word for word that it may be smart to take advantage of that hype by making a big deal with a team that bought into it.

I already had this discussion several weeks ago with somebody in another thread. We pulled together the entire list of "big name" FAs and it became clear why the Rockets have a very good chance of walking away with nothing special. Beyond the big 3 or 4 studs, there isn't as much as it seems.

6. ibm

ibm Member

if this thing turns out to be nothing, i will send a message to solomon's blog. hope he won't delete it. :cool:

7. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Sheed and D true.

but I don't want to see Scola in another jersey.. i wil go into a major depression if that happens .. :(.. all others not named scola should be traded to get bosh..

Monta Ellis has been struggling quite a bit after coming back from injury.. don't think morey wil be considering him..

and I just hope we don't get maggeetteeee...

8. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

There's plenty of younger talent in there too.

Jamal Crawford, Azabuike, etc. Everybody will be gunning for the big names, but there's plenty of lower tier pieces as well. The Rockets with cap space can start to build around Yao with younger talent when that time comes.

Again trading away TMac now may seem like the right thing to do, but quick, name some teams you've heard of inquiring about TMac.

9. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

good post brooks ball.. even Morey said it is overhyped...

"here and now" is what we should be thinking abt.. lots of things would change by 2010...

10. jVgOwnsYou

Its fools gold for teams who cant lure them in. The rockets are a first class organization and anyone would want to play with a dominant big man. The more money we free up, the easier itll be to get someone to come in because we could sign another significant player in addition to the max guy.

11. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Exactly.

Not a lot of people are getting paid 15-20M a year anymore.

The Rockets with Yao can sign a max or max type player and somebody else since TMac's number is so huge.

12. BrooksBall

There are Crawfords and Azubuikes ever year. 2010 is over hyped. I'm not saying it's impossible the Rockets land somethign good but it's not nearly as probable as many people think. Us Rockets fans aren't the only ones thinking like this either. 2010 is top heavy. There will be 3 or 4 big names then a bunch of aged former stars and a bunch of 2nd tier type players that are available most years. 2010 will be a strong FA class but not as good as it seems and the Rockets have a good chance of walking away disappointed if they put all their eggs in that basket. Based on what Morey said, he will likely do something slick to rob another sucker GM that bought into the hype.

13. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

the fact that makes it even more insane to think abt 2010 .. esp for us.. is Yao's durability... you never know what will happen to him during the next 2 years.. one more big injury and that would end it..

14. drich

drich Member

Crawford has said he is opting out this year so he is off the list

15. jVgOwnsYou

Well If were operating under that assumption, why not just trade Yao? Come on now, you know you can't operate that way.

16. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

All I'm saying is ok trade TMac.

What are we going to be getting in return?

Nobody that will push the Rockets over the top. Might as well let his contract run its course and go from there.

I mean, Morey has already set it up like that. Essentially this whole team is off the books come '10. There's a reason for that and Morey is behind that

17. jVgOwnsYou

Tracy isn't going anywhere.

18. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

no never said that...

I am just telling you that we just can't wait till 2010 for things to happen... Now is the time to lure the good players because Yao is playing very well.. just waiting waiting waiting for the summer of 2010 without pulling out moves rit now is not a good idea IMO..

I know you didnt say that.. but just clarifying my stance..

19. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

I know he isn't.

Its just people acting like trading away TMac will make us contenders or something. It won't, as, nobody is going to offer anything worthwhile.

Why would a Detroit for example, already in turmoil trade an AI for a maybe won't play again this season TMac?

20. jVgOwnsYou

I want to say the only guys we'll have on the books for 2010 are Battier, Yao and Landry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.