1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's not to like about Chandler Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by killakim, Nov 3, 2012.

1. trowa

trowa Member

i dont think he is slumping at all. some shots just didnt go in. he is still very active

2. slickster

slickster Member

Is anyone realistically expecting superstar numbers from Chandler?

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

You can always tell the people who dont watch the defensive side of the ball.

He aint shooting for jack so far, but he still plays the best team defense and is second only to Asik in individual D on this team. Throw in the other things he does and you can start to understand why he will remain a starter at the 3 until Morris figures out how to turn his game up a notch or two.

3 games in with a roster that hasnt hardly played together is a bit early to be judgin any of these guys too harshly.

4. killakim

killakim Member

No, ofc not.

5. slickster

slickster Member

Therefore, we can temper our expectations. He's got a very good skill set, but doesn't have that extra gear, that finisher's instinct, which would set him apart from the middle of the pack.

He reminds me a bit of a taller version of Mike Dunleavy, Jr. A tall, lanky swingman who has the skill set of a guard, but doesn't have the strength or aggressiveness of volume scoring small forwards, much less of a power forward.

I see chandler's ceiling as a taller version of mike miller or dunleavy jr.

6. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

He's a good glue guy. He's like a better version of Landry Fields for Lin.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Very good glue guy

I love how he does everything on the court

I literally see him doing positive things everywhere, running the floor, smart defense of passing lane, great one on one defense, great court vision, jumping everywhere for rebounds.

My only complaint of him this season is not even his jumpers, that will come with time. It's the fact he gets too cute sometimes with fancy passes that has 50/50 chance of getting stolen.

Getting his Jersey hopefully soon

8. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I like Parsons alot, am very impressed now that I'm seeing him every single game. Unselfish and plays team basketball. In terms of areas of improvement, I don't recall him taking a midrange jumper, and definitely not a pull-up or a flash/quick post. If he can work on those, that would be helpful just once or twice a game so people don't sag so much on him when he puts the ball on the floor, which would open up his drive. Regardless, his defense and rebounding are the most important right now, so the good thing is that he does not force up bad shots. It is ok not to shoot. And not shooting is endlessly better than taking a bad shot (unless the shot clock is expiring, of course).