1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by javal_lon, Jun 22, 2023.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No, what he has is a championship ring and just finished top 3 in DPOY at age 34. The ego is warranted in this situation.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Worth noting that Brook starting wouldn't necessarily mean fewer minutes for Sengun. He played 28.9 minutes this season. If they can share the floor even 5 minutes a game, Sengun could still play the same or more as he did this season.

Y2JT likes this.
  3. PatBev

PatBev Member

Trade everybody who won’t get minutes for cap space and minutes and sign the best FA possible to fill these three slots for a year or two

Veteran / Amen
    Green / KPJ
    Veteran / Whitmore
    Jabari / Tari
    Sengun / Veteran

We’ll have like 75 million for 3 roster spots

I’d prefer Conley(20mil expiring), Cam(90mil/3years), Lopez(50mil/2years). I think that’s the best way to stretch this money and stay flexible

#123 PatBev, Jun 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why would he though? He's the most sought after center FA....why would he think "you know what I really want to do, I want to go be a bench player behind some random kid on the worst team in the league that by all accounts I'm better than on both sides of the court"?

Tell me how that thought process happens.

Go get DeAndre Jordan or Robin Lopez if you don't want someone that would play over Sengun.

Basically you can either choose a vet who is good, or a vet who wouldn't play over Sengun, but you can't have both.

Corrosion likes this.
  5. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

What about a trade for Spencer Dinwiddie to be the vet PG next year?

I too would prefer Mikal Bridges but if BKN won’t trade him for all their picks back, would they trade Dinwiddie for 1 of their picks/swaps back?

BaselineFade likes this.
  6. PatBev

PatBev Member

Spencer is my next top pick next to Conley. Though I’m not sure if I’d just give him the starting spot

Spencer is another expiring contract like Conleys which is great compared to giving a contract to FVV

Could easily be added in a sign & trade for Cam

Easy, ApolloRLB and theDude like this.
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Like this, but we don’t need Cam. If he would play defense, sure, but he doesn’t. Spencer or Conley off the bench would be great, same for Caruso or Lowry. I say we get Lowry and an asset to take him off MIami’s hands.

MultipleSauces likes this.
  8. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

You don’t trade for him if you don’t plan to start him. He’s a 30 year old 9 year vet on an expiring contract. Amen should come off the bench, learn from him, and show he is ready to take over next year.

Don’t mind the sign and trade idea with Cam although I’m lukewarm on Cam. Would rather hold out for a major upgrade, particularly on defense, at SF (Bridges, Anunoby, Jaylen Brown, Patrick Williams). I like Grant Williams in the interim.

9. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’m more open to Bridges, Anunoby, and even Paul George if it comes down to it but I’m not giving up assets for them

Im willing to trade any pick and player outside of Green, KPJ, Sengun, Jabari, Tari, Amen, and Whitmore this free agency

If you can bring me Bridges or Anuboby without trading them I’m all for it

Y2JT and ApolloRLB like this.
  10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Who will these guys turn on if we get rid of KPJ and Harden?

11. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

I’d give up Whitmore and future picks for either of those 2 (Bridges worth more due to contract). They are what you hope he becomes in 3-5 years.

Paul George…only for a Bradley Beal type trade.

Y2JT and PatBev like this.
  12. PatBev

PatBev Member

Yeah Whitemore is the first to go if that’s what it takes to get a trade done

13. PatBev

PatBev Member

This is next

Easy likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So is the GARM a substitute for D&D now?

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No idea what 90% of this rambling is about, doesn't really have anything to do with what I said.

You can be optimistic about your young guys, but realistic that them not panning out is certainly possible.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The basis of your post is we should act like they won't pan out. That's really odd.

17. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

What’s next? Summer League?

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

It's not odd at all.

Using your flexibility / assets to lock in long term supporting pieces, without even knowing what you have is odd.

It's like buying a super big house because you went on one date with a girl who has 10 kids.

19. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

That’s what the money is for.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Some people believe that you should plan for the worst scenario. -- the paranoid pessimists

Some people believe that you should plan for the best scenario. -- the dreaming optimists

Some people believe that you should plan for the most likely scenario. -- the rational realists

You know who's who on this board. ;)