1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Betoughtrockets

Lawson beverely
    Harden thornton
    Ariza brewer Dekker
    D Mo Jones Harrell
    Howard Capela

Adding lawson & thornton to our roster is amazing. I m thrilled!!
    But What's next?
    I remember Morey once said that it would be so dumb if you don't "all in" when you have a (near)"mvp" in your hand. I have a strong feeling morey will further upgrade the pf position, provided that we still have some great chips: dekker, mcdaniels, harrell, Jones; which total around 10mio salary space.

I come up with Al jefferson, David Lee, Faried(if nuggets is in love with us)

Who do you come up with? Tell me your thought! This is our time!

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I would love Big Al but we'd need to come up with a lot for then $10 million for him

3. Lando

Lando Member

They practice. Learn to okay together, build that chemistry. Then we go out & win.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Morey hasn't even digested dinner yet and you're looking for dessert. Slow down! :p

5. Mattician

Mattician Member

McHale just needs to figure out the rotation. I hope this team stays healthy. The more games they play together, the better.

It felt like at least one of the Rockets' starters was injured every game last season.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Sign Terry, Hopefully sign Williams, roll with this team. DMo can be our every day PF and Jones is a solid backup. I hope we stick with this deep team, I expect DMo, Jones and McDaniels to take moderately large steps forward.

Lawson/Bev/ Terry
    Harden/Thornton/ McDaniels
    Ariza/Brewer/Dekker
    DMO/ Tjones / Harrel
    Howard/ Capella / Williams

That's three deep at each position. We can imitate the past two champions and limit minutes throughout the regular season. I think Dekker will eventually crack the rotation with spot minutes at the 4 and I expect DMo and TJones to play A LOT of 5 in small ball lineups.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Faried and Lee aren't good enough for an upgrade. I like Al Jefferson, but he can't fit in well with Dwight on the low block.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lebron.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

sign Harrell, Jet and possibly Chuck Hayes or Alan Williams then set back and enjoy the rest of your summer.

eventually cut Woods

Send Decker and Williams and possible Harrell to the D-League for some seasoning. Enjoy a great season that is definitely coming.

10. Amir's Johnson

Al Jefferson is injury prone

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

We have a solid shot at the D-League championship with this lineup:

Point Guard
    Rice
    Dekker
    Harrell
    Williams

I really hope we opt for Williams over Hayes.

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

The only two defined roles I can see the Rockets being in need of is a) a true 3 pt shooting stretch 4 (DMo is the Rockets best low post offensive player) and b) another defensive minded center too help keep Dwight rested and as close to 100% as possible.

And that is really it.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

3&D at the 2 position. 3&D at the 4 position. Hard to get those, specially at the 4. So just another D at the 2 position off the bench would also be valuable.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think you need to follow both @BIMATHUG, and @BobbyMarks42 on Twitter.

Due to the Rockets looking at potential HARD CAP issues with the salary cap, its going to be virtually impossible to add players for the remainder of the season. Especially if you are taking back additional salary.

More than likely this is it for the year until next Summer (maybe a minor move at the deadline).

Likely 15 man roster:

PG: Lawson, Beverley, Terry
    SG: Harden, Thornton, McDaniels
    SF: Ariza, Brewer, Dekker
    PF: Motiejunas, Jones, Harrell
    C: Howard, Capela, Hayes

15. malakas

malakas Member

and Big Al is awful. Horrible defence, blackhole, bad work ethic injury prone and overweight. Even if he was for free I wouldn't take him.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Part 1: So for HOU. Any minimum (except 2nd rd. picks) would cost an extra $1.4m for tax purposes. $1.50 for every $1 spent.</p>&mdash; Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) <a href="https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/623234318127734784">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Part 2: With Chuck Hayes and Jason Terry??. HOU is about $1.5m below the hard cap line (not triggered yet). Getting pretty close.</p>&mdash; Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) <a href="https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/623234557484105728">July 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. basketballholic

What's next?

Watch to see what happens with DeMarcus and Jimmy Butler and what other lower max players or youngsters on rookie deals possibly become available.

18. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Win a shtload of games and get that championship I'd say!

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Al Horford or Alan Williams yeah I thought

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Sign Terry and Chuck to minimum deals and figure out how you want to work out Harrell's contract.

Then hope that Ty keeps it together, that Dwight's knee holds up, and look for improvement from within.