1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what's NBA TV?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yuantian, Oct 12, 2008.

1. yuantian

yuantian Member

i want to watch that NJ and Miami from London game. it doesn't look like it'll be on Dish Network. but it has that NBA TV icon next to it on the schedule. does that mean i can watch it online? someone please give me a link or tell me where to look. thanks.

2. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I don't know about Dish network but NBATV is channel 101 on comcast.

3. yuantian

yuantian Member

oh never mind, it's one of the league pass channels.

4. across110thstreet

no, its the official network for the NBA. it runs classic games and NBA programming 24/7. they also feature a few games per week and advertise their pay per view League Pass programming.

you can have one (NBAtv) without the other (league Pass subsription)

if you are in the US, ask your local cable provider for the Sports package.

5. JD2010

JD2010 Member

yep that's right. NBATV is pretty cool sometimes. Hopefully the games they choose to broadcast get better this year unlike last year where I got to see games like T-wolves vs Sonics...

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You can check out NBA.com to see what games are on the schedule except for the Tuesday games which are voted on.

7. gucci888

gucci888 Member

NBATV is good if you wanna just wanna watch NBA highlights, trying to get through a whole hour of Sports Center is a little too much for me.

8. across110thstreet

my television is tuned to NBAtv for about 9 months of every year. its great. they go inside training camps, they have featured many many classic Rockets games, they have done features on Yao, Dream, etc, Calvin Murphy, etc...

and i forgot about the new system in which the fans vote for which game they want to see this year. thanks for reminding me, A_3PO

9. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

An NBA TV is a special TV sold exclusively at Best Buy that only shows basketball games. It has a built-in receiver that communicates with an NBA satellite.

10. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

the classic games and in dept coverage is awesome

11. HeWhoIsLunchbox

NBA TV is awesome, a much better alternative to ESPN for basketball fans. I try to watch NBA TV Daily and Fantasy Hoops every day. I just wish they still had that show "Making the Call with Ronnie Nunn." That show was really informative, but I guess it wasn't getting enough viewers.

12. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

after a few episodes you learn that the only thing thy talk about is a handful of the same calls(charge/block) etc.

There wasn't much to talk about

13. eckostylez

eckostylez Member

ROFL! :D :D

14. across110thstreet

maybe when the season starts there will be calls to be discussed with Nunn. I'll try and see if he is coming back...

I actually like Rick Kamla's fantasy analysis/pbp , too. it looks like other networks are starting to notice.

15. acerockets

acerockets Member

nbatv ismt that great in canada tho its "raptors nba tv" andall they do is re show old raptor games they dont even always show the featured nba game

16. JustWannaChill

Since when has the National Basketball Association started manufacturing TV sets. Are they plasma and LCDs?

17. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

actually the official tv of the nba is from haier, a chinese company

http://www.haieramerica.com/en/aboutus/nba
    There's No Better Way to Get in the Game!

High Definition Television is the best way to watch sports. And now you can get virtual front row seats thanks to Haier and the NBA. Haier, one of the world's leading manufacturers of HDTVs is now the "Official HDTV of the NBA" as well as an "Official Marketing Partner" of the NBA.
    Official NBA Ball

Haier is always ready to jump on the court. Whether playing the game for thousands of fans or creating the technology to broadcast it to millions, both Haier and the NBA agree that high definition is ideal for NBA games. Haier America is proud to sponsor the NBA and support its initiatives both on and off the court. So visit this site often, get in on the action, and watch for your chance to win!

-----

I believe this is more about getting people in china to buy haier tvs and watch the nba than it does here

cause people in america buy tvs from the japanese and koreans
    [​IMG]

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

And most of their parts are made in China, and probably assembled in China.

In your world, ads make no sense because people are buying what they are buying anyways, and they don't change their minds ever. See.

19. Michael Phelps

Ch. 402 on Dish Network is NBATV

20. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

true most of the parts are made in china, but the technology is based on japan.

i don't know how many people are buying haier tvs, but its not going to catch up to sony or samsung, even if kobe or yao buys one.