1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's going on with Steve Nash?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by chinesetaco, Nov 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. chinesetaco

chinesetaco Contributing Member

Is it me or has he lost a few steps???

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's lost D'Antoni. Maybe the idea is to reduce his role on the court so he's more fresh for the playoffs.

3. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Just judging from the game today, he's really hurting from the lack of fast breaks. He's still great at the half-court, but he's so much better on the break that it's ridiculous.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He lost D'Antoni but it's also clear Nash is slowing down. It is VERY obvious. The cracks in the armor showed up last season. In the bits and pieces of Suns' games I've seen so far this year, he ain't the old Nash. Decline has set in. But his shooting touch is still there. They better focus on reducing his minutes or he won't have anything left for the playoffs. That Dragic guy better develop fast.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I just lost all respect for the Sus in the last 2 minutes.

Nash got hurt on a legal pick by McGrady, so Barnes throws HIS WHOLE FREAKIN' BODY into Rafer while setting a pick for Nash. Rafer runs up to see what's the matter, and Barnes pushes him again (Rafer may have bumped Barnes a bit too). Then, Shaq throws McGrady over, causing Yao to fall, then throws Rafer to the ground. Then, Terry Porter runs on the court. Bunch of punks.

Suspensions for the Suns should be:

Barnes - 3 games
    Shaq - 5 games
    Nash - Game
    Porter - one game

TMac and Rafer will get a game a piece.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Since Barnes started the whole thing with his cheapshot into Rafer and finished by it off by acting like a hothead, he should get the longest suspension. Shaq should also be suspended. Maybe Rafer gets a game, maybe not. I'll have to look at replays to know about Terry Porter. I don't think Nash or Tracy should be suspended.

So much is going wrong for the Suns, it's hilarious. I busted out laughing when they took away Nash's 3-pointer.

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

You wanna know why he fell off this year?

Because I got him on my fantasy team. Never fails. :mad:

8. itony

itony Member

i have him on my team too :(

that neck injury was sick though it looked like that hole smokers get from smoking too much
    does anybody know how he got the scab before it was reinjured tonight?

9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Yes.

He was a great player for that system. A system that will pad your stats, especially if you can shoot. I can't believe people still think he improved that much in his thirties. Wake up, it was the system that fit him so perfectly. That's over.

Now we can go back to the days where all time greats like MJ, Magic, and Bird won multiple mvp's.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I always thought they give people Tracheotomies when their airways are blocked. Not that you get these from smoking too much....

11. showtang043

showtang043 Member

He hasn't lost a few steps at all. The issue here is many fans just look at stats and not the system, which actually dictates the stats. Steve Nash who was praised as the hero for making the Suns so great, however it was due to the Suns Dantoni Offense which allowed him to play to his strengths. Now they are running a different offense and he is as effective as he was in Dallas. People didn't give Dantoni credit for the suns success enough, as he has bought his high scoring to New York and Nash is exposed in Terry's style revolved around Amare.

- This is often the case as Lakers fans plead for Jason Kidd on a mid level next year. The triangle offense under phil is one where no player has ever averaged over 7 assist per game. The job calls for good shooteres and good defenders. You don't even have to bring up the ball half the time. In this case, Jason Kidd who is an extremely talented player in the open offense is not suitable. The offense utilizes and calls for his weaknesses, shooting and defense(as he gets older), and minimalizes his stregnths(court vision ,creating, open offense).

-Same goes for Kobe's stats. We saw a Lakers team that wasn't built well and had poor players who couldn't execute the triangle properly in the starting lineup(smush parker, Kwame Brown) and Kobe had to breka the offense and had great stats. Now they are running the offense properly and his stats are bogged down in the equal opportunity offense. Lebron's offense is fully run through him. It maximises the possesion in his hands which leads to more assist and creating soley for him. The stats don't mean one player is better, just different systems and how players utilize them.

Same goes for Nash currently in Terry porter's new offense.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I question if Nash and Terry Porter are on the same page. 8-4 is a good record and I'm sure things will be fine if they keep winning at that pace. But Nash isn't happy with their offense and lack of running. When it gets to be Jan/Feb and the NBA grind really kicks in, let's take another look at Nash and the Suns.

13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

he's a system PG who is getting older, that's what is going on.

14. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I traded for him in my fantasy leauge...

BAD idea! :mad:

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

He definitely looks like he lost a step, but I wish our guys would decline to the tune of 46-48% shooting from both field and long range.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Kerr brought in a fat slow washed up center named Shaq and they stopped running.

DD

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I suspect he will not be in Phoenix beyond this year.

18. worzel gummidge

Too bad about McGrady's injuries and salary. If there ever was a ready made swap...
    McGrady's first preference out of Orlando was to play with Shaq
    Nash & Yao are Bill Duffy clients
    Adelman & the Rockets would love Nash's shooting percentages
    Hill could play PG full time leaving McGrady to slip back to his best position at SF.
    Hill, Shaq, & T-Mac. The Magic team that never was. I'm sure there are a few more people who'd like to see that.
    Both would be a better fit in the other's team system

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would swap Tmac for Nash so fast it would make your head spin.

DD

20. Lovemachine2000

Werd yo.