1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's --bold-- (Crazy) NBA Prediction thread - it's a tradition (this one's gonna hurt)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Oct 23, 2018.

1. what

what Member

It occurs to me that I have not created a bold prediction thread. I initially thought hey, let me predict that the Lakers will miss the playoffs this year, but then I thought that's some low hanging fruit. So:

The rockets will not make the playoffs this year. And my second prediction: the lakers could be looking up at the rockets in the cellar as well.

Teams that could leapfrog: Dallas (dallas is underrated at this point and could move up), the grizzlies are always overlooked, the clippers have a lot of defensive talent, beverley, montrezl Harrell, avery Bradley, Luc Mbah a Moute. They still have gallo, they could certainly get in.

2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Rockets will finish 1.
    Raptors will finish 1.

Rockets
    Warriors
    Jazz
    Pelicans
    Denver
    Memphis
    Thunder
    Spurs

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Rockets will make the playoffs for sure, unless one between Harden and Paul gets seriously injured.

As for the Lakers eh, i have a feeling they might end up not making the playoffs, they just don't look like a good team imo, maybe they'll get better in terms of chemistry, we'll see.

4. what

what Member

That's just one reason I feel this way. An injury to chris paul. But also, I think that there are teams that are better than people think they are: dallas, grizzlies and clippers.

You actually don't have to have one of those teams make the playoffs in order to see the rockets missing the playoffs.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Denver to finish as the 1 or 2 seed. And they'll be upset in the first round by whomever they face.

Kawhi Leonard signs whatever the max is (in his situation) with Toronto before the all-star break.

Butler stays in Minny for the whole season.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think the West might be better than expect, i can agree with this, even the Kings, for how meh they are, they have some good players at this point, and nothing to lose since they don't have their 1st rounder, pretty much the same thing we can say about the Suns. There's basically no team tanking in the West. But i still think in the end Mavs and Clippers won't make the playoffs, maybe even the Wolves if they move Butler before the next year.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Crazy?
    The craziest prediction I can make is that Brooklyn will make the playoffs and Philly will end up with the 5th or 6th seed I guess. All my other predictions are.. mainstream?

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

As they should be.

B-Bob and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Well if What says the rockets are not making the playoffs, the rockets are winning the ring. Book it.

Patience and hakeem94 like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@what about to show the world he is on @holic level

B-Bob, theimpossibles1 and Air Langhi like this.
  11. theimpossibles1

Even @holic looks at @what posts and says WTF?!?

Swiss Roll, BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

HAHAHAHAH!

BigMaloe and theimpossibles1 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Grizz are not overlooked, they are underappreciated for sure.

Offense is really important and the Grizz just dun strike me as a sound offensive team.

Now 1 or 2 guys like 19 yr old Jaren Jackson Jr. panning out would at least have them fight for a playoff spot.

Sometimes all it takes are just 1 or 2 youngins making it/overachieving.

14. what

what Member

The grizzlies make the playoffs when mike and marc are both healthy. When the grizzlies went on that 7 year playoff run it, it was due in part because the grizzlies had depth to withstand one of our big players going down: if marc went down we still had mike, zbo and tony. if zbo went down we still had marc.
    last year we didn't have that. and the grizzlies missed the playoffs.

the perception that the grizzlies last year team was a sign of things to come do to mike and marc falling off and getting older is just not the reality.

I still think that last year was the rockets' shot, they almost did it. But let's be clear, the rockets aren't an up and coming team. they are old, they lost a lot of defense and replaced that with melo, and chris paul is hugely important to keeping that team at close to last years' level.
    harden is a great player, but harden is a one man show. paul made that team tick.

I just think if paul spends anytime out, the rockets are going to be spread so thin this year that they aren't going to make it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has proven he can take this team to the playoffs by himself. GtFO

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Marc Gasol is a skilled Euro so he can still play like his brother for many years.

He's just too slow in this new NBA of faster, lighter, athletic bigs.

17. omgTHEpotential

Lonzo Ball gets traded midseason.