1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's a good recliner / sofa I can buy?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Swishh

Swishh Member

Budget is $300. All I want for it to be comfortable and to have a headrest that will suit a 6'1 person.

Any recommendation? Doesn't have to be a recliner - can just be a single seat/couch.

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

3. Swishh

Swishh Member

^

Yup, always has to be plenty of grown men acting like kids for a normal question.

Anyways, I went into IKEA today to try out the "Markus" that I've seen have a lot of good reviews for, but it wasn't very comfortable at all. Just average.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

If you're in the Houston area, go to one of the mom and pop furniture stores that you see all over the place. Look for something you like in their inventory made by Ashley. It will be labeled "Signature Design - By Ashley" or something to that effect. It's the exact same quality furniture that you get from the high dollar Ashley dealers just rebranded and at a lower price.

With a little haggling, $300-400 should get you in the ballpark for a nice genuine leather recliner, $400-500 for sure. There's a thread from not long ago about this exact same topic, may be a good idea to dig that up as well.

5. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Costco also sometimes carries Ashley Furniture. I bought an couch there made by Ashley for $500. It was comfortable and definitely held its shape for the 4 years I used it. I just recently sold it though, otherwise I would have offered it to you, OP.