1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whataburger Vs In-N-Out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cloudng8, Apr 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Say what you will about the burgers, but they have the most god awful fries in existence.

arkoe likes this.
  2. bustanut82

bustanut82 Member

WHATABURGER! I love the triple meat-triple cheese-triple bacon burger! its a heart attack waiting to happen but worth it.

3. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Fudds>Burger Tex>Fatburger>Carl's Jr.>In N Out>Whataburger

but still one of the best burgers i've had was at Pink's Hotdog stand.
    and Jack in the Box has the best fast food tacos.

4. shutkip

shutkip Member

Agreed, they are absolutely terrible.

1 person likes this.
  5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Dude, that BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich never gets old. I have to get it on a regular bun though, Texas Toast gets too soggy. But seriously, Whataburger all day!:grin:

[​IMG]

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Is it a black?

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The places I miss the most from my trip to Houston/surrounding areas.

1) Rockets
    2) Austin
    3) Whataburger

8. Asian Sensation

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

not enough comments about the hideously awful fries which are merely fresh cut potatoes.

10. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

This is correct. Fatburger is fantastic. In-N-Out? Meh.
    I also dig Whataburger, but as much as I love it, Fatburger is a better burger.
    Whataburger has so many other things on the menu that are great that no other fast food chain does, at least not right.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

But see, Xbox has better online gameplay and better exclusive titles than PS3...

and Kinect > Move

12. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

The thing about In and Out is all the ingredients are very high quality. They actually have their own de-boning plant and make their own ground beef which, I think, is never frozen. That's why they are spreading east so slowly as they have to keep updating the supply chain.

I think of In and Out as a very high quality McDonalds and would choose them over McDonalds if I could.

Having said that, there are better burger's out there if you judge just on taste.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This thread happens all the time. Fatburger is better than either of them, but barely beats out Whataburger.

The fries at In-N-Out are great if done properly, but often are under cooked and when that happens they are terrible.

The shakes at Fatburger are close to the best shakes there are. It's all ice cream and then a little milk. That's all that goes in to their shakes and they are delicious.

There's another Southern California burger place called The Habit. It's about equal to Fatburger.

The thing about In-N-Out is that for the very inexpensive price, it's a great burger.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I heard you are supposed to order your fries well done at In N Out and they come out like normally cooked fries versus overcooked/overcrisped. Was reading about some idiot who ordered them the other way where they are just cooked on the outside and raw in the middle.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This, one thousand times. I had In-N-Out a few times while living in California and was consistently disappointed in how bad the fries were. The burgers were "meh" - it's a fast food burger. Part of Whataburger's regional appeal is the nostalgia we have for it - after games, late nights in college, etc. While the burger is great for a fast food burger, we can't kid ourselves into thinking it's anything other than that.

And I love Whataburger.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

my apologies i didn't know this thread has been beaten to death im new to the hangout :/

17. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Whataburger is much better.

In-and-Out : 2000s :: Coors beer : 1970s

It's really a crappy burger, slightly above Wendy's in quality. All of its popularity stems from its relative difficulty to obtain for most of the country. After getting one in California, after much anticipation, you turn your taste buds off and think it's better than it is. At the speed that they are spreading, the veil will be off by the end of the decade.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yep, that's my favorite too. I prefer the regular bun as well. Texas Toast is a little much.

Only think I hate about Whataburger is it is always so damn crowded at 1 in the morning, which is obviously the best time to eat Whataburger. The post-gig Whatameal used to be a staple of mine, but the one by my house always has a line stretching around the front of the store. And most people in line are drunk. So I usually just go straight home. :(

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Nope.

20. smokieethabear

Chris Madrid's

[​IMG]

/THREAD