1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What you do to help you fall asleep?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ScolaIsBallin, Aug 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Anyone ever try Zzzquil? Works great.

2. Buck Turgidson

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

"And that's when the carnival starts."

Not saying the OP has anxiety but if one is prone to racing thoughts or can't sleep due to anxiety (and these symptoms are common among insomniacs), cutting out every middleman between himself and his thoughts is not a very good way to get him to sleep. I speak from experience.

I take 4mg Tizanidine (a mild muscle relaxer that makes me sleepy) and 50mg Seroquel (an anti-psychotic that allows me to stay asleep). I sometimes also require a 1mg Klonopin to calm my nerves.

Before I quit drinking I never had trouble sleeping. I just passed out whenever I felt like it. But now? Without the pills? I'd be up days in a row.

And even now, with the drugs, my sleep is neither restful nor restorative. My dreams are a series of crises and catastrophes very nearly 100% of the time. I don't often remember them but I wake up with the feeling of them. In a small panic. I used to wake in a huge panic before the Seroquel. Like Ra's Al Ghul coming out of the Lazarus Pit, having been restored to life, I woke as an insane person and it took me about an hour each day to come to the world.

Now I wake up in a small panic, walk around for about five minutes remembering who and where I am, have a gulp or two of coffee, check my email to make sure nothing terrible has happened while I was sleeping and if nothing has, then I'm pretty much fine.

Getting good sleep is critical to mental health. And drinking, especially the way I drink, is poisonous to it. And drinking too has, in my adult life, been my only key to a good night's sleep. I am opting to be alcohol-free (and thereby cocaine free, etc.) and having crappy sleep. It's the best of two bad options.

OP: Is that what you wanted to know?

4. 713

713 Member

mairjuana

5. Batman Jones

I think you might be trying to fall asleep right now.

6. Batman Jones

Awesome girl more like.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

5 mg of Melatonin.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

You ever fought in Nam?

9. Buck Turgidson

You like gladiator movies?

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZPoqNeR3_UA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Batman Jones

Oh yeah, lots of times.

12. supdudes

supdudes Member

LOL I just made the connection between the comments about fapping and the OP.....That's F'ing hilarious!

13. Batman Jones

I bought and tried that Zzzquil last night on recommendations here. Waited an hour and didn't get sleepy at all so I took my usual pills. But... I slept especially heavily and for the first time in memory my dreams were not anxious ones. I don't know if I'll stick with it, but I appreciate the recommendation.