1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you like the Rockets to do?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Horry33, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

First of all I apologize if this is not the right place for this thread. I've tried put together a mock based on team need and talent available. This mock is based on the draft order as it is now with no trades(highly unlikely I know). But if the draft falls in this order I would have a tough time trying to figure out what the Rockets would do. I feel pretty good about this as my final mock. Once exception is I could see Marshall and Rivers swapping spots.

Hornets - Anthony Davis
    Bobcats - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    Wizards - Bradley Beal
    Cavs - Harrison Barnes
    Kings - Thomas Robinson
    Blazers - Damian Lillard
    Warriors - Perry Jones III
    Raptors - Andre Drummond
    Pistons - Jeremy Lamb
    Hornets - Kendall Marshall
    Portland - Dion Waiters
    Bucks - Meyers Leonard
    Suns - Austin Rivers
    Rockets -
    76ers - Tyler Zeller
    Rockets -

So I ask the clutchfans faithful who Rockets would and/or should take in this scenario according to you.

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I would want Sullinger and white

EDIT: To get white, I'd want to move back to the boston pick.

If we were to keep our own pick, I guess I'd take Marquis Teague

#2 RedNation, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  3. Jamers

Jamers Member

Henson, T. Ross

4. VBG

VBG Member

I think you take Sullinger and try to finish the Pau trade.

I wouldn't mind Terrence Jones as well.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

^This^

Best big and best wing left on the board.

6. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

TRoss and Royce White

I would like to have 2 guys with very high ceilings.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Harkless and Henson

8. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Exactly. As as another poster mentioned, best big and wing left.

Ross is a strong to the basket game away from being a leathal wing player. While he may never develop that, as long as its adequite, then he would be a pretty good starter as his jump shot is there and his defense is there as well.

Henson needs to add about 15 pounds to his frame to reach his potential. If he can do that, at 6'11'' 235lb, he can match up against 4's and most 5's. He will be a monster on the boards and at blocking shots. Needs some work on his offense, but he is not as weak as most would think.

9. jvu

jvu Member

#5 trade up for Andre Drummond or if beal falls.

keep pick #14 + #16 Henson, ross, or Waiters

Trade #16 or #14 for bos #21 #22
    #14 zeller 21+22 Teague and take risk on white

10. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Henson and Sullinger

11. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

I have Zeller at 15 but if Rockets don't take Sullinger at 14 and philly is confident that they can bring back Spencer Hawes then I can see Sixers taking Sullinger at 15 as a replacement for Brand at the 4.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

edit: accidental double post

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

if drummond really falls that far you trade up to get him

also i see them grabbing zeller if he is available at 14 and taking a chance with sullinger at 16

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Trade the picks for Dwight Howard...

I really like Drummond in this draft, Myers Leonard & Fab Melo has a cool name, lol.

15. lpbman

lpbman Member

I love this line of thinking...

Drummond, Henson @ 16? and bpa at 21&22 (because someone will inevitably fall) and it's likely Fab Mello will be there if Beal is taken instead of Drummond.
    Move the old guys for future picks and prospects.

I don't want Howard without an extension.

16. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

At the moment, without any trading of picks, I think this'll be how the lottery pans out.

1. Anthony Davis (Hornets)
    Obvious pick here. Will be a franchise-player. Will be, along with Blake Griffin, the successors of Duncan and Garnett.

2. Thomas Robinson (Bobcats)
    Shame the 'Cats lost out on the #1 pick, but I think Robinson is a great consolation prize. Athletic, can rebound and play some defense, and has a decent offensive game with room to improve. Will be an all-star for sure and will be competing against Davis for 2013 ROY.

3. Bradley Beal (Wizards)
    With the recent trade made by the Wizards, I think all signs point to Beal to fill the hole at the shooting guard spot. He and Wall will form quite the exciting duo.

4. Harrison Barnes (Cavaliers)
    If I remember correctly, the Cavs were very high on Barnes ever since last year. They have the chance to grab him now, and I doubt they'll let him go. He's a better shooter then MKG, and he and Irving have a history together.

5. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Kings)
    The Kings could definitely use a player like MKG; a tough, defensive player who has the capabilities to be a leader of the team and get them back to winning.

6. Damian Lilliard (Trailblazers)
    With the loss of Brandon Roy, I think the Blazers will opt to pick up another athletic guard, who can shoot and get to the rim, that has a chance at being an all-star. He'll be a definite upgrade over Felton.

7. Dion Waiters (Warriors)
    The Warriors just nabbed Bogut, so I don't think Drummon will be very high on their list. I think Waiters would be a good selection here, as his slashing and scoring abilities would create a formidable trifecta with Curry at the PG position and Thompson at the SF spot. Would be a recreation of the TMC days, except the '12-'13 version would be called the SDK show.

8. Jeremy Lamb (Raptors)
    The Raptors have shown they are looking for a skilled two guard, and Lamb will definitely feel that slot with his sniping from long range and penetration on the inside. The Raps can slide DeRozan over to the 3, and then trade for a PG or draft one with a later pick.

9. John Henson (Pistons)
    I think it can be said with over 95% certainty that the Pistons will be drafting Henson; a rebounding and shot-blocking PF to pair with their budding big man Greg Monroe.

10. Austin Rivers (Hornets)
    I think Rivers provides the Hornets with a nice scoring punch, as well as a player who brings a sort of swagger to the New Orleans Hornets. If Gordon is injured again, or would rather leave, Rivers would be a great option to have.

11. Andre Drummond (Trailblazers)
    I think the questions regarding his skillset and motivation are enough to scare many teams away, but Portland has the time and patience to develop such a raw talent. For their sake, they better hope he won't become another Oden.

12. Tyler Zeller (Bucks)
    IMO, I think the Bucks will shoot for the more finished product in Zeller, rather than Leonard. He's a good all-around big-man, and a solid replacement for Bogut, who never quite lived up to his #1 draft pick reputation. They need to produce some results to keep Jennings and Ellis around.

13. Terrence Ross (Suns)
    In this scenario, with players like Lilliard and Waiters off the board, I think the Suns wouldn't mind grabbing Ross. He has great shooting ability, as well as athleticism to get to the rim and score. With Nash most likely leaving, he may provide the Suns with some hope that they found their next all-star.

14. Meyers Leonard (Rockets)
    And here we are. The Rockets need a center, and Leonard has a lot of potential. He isn't as risky nor as rewarding as Drummond, but he has the size, the body, and the athleticism to become very good in this league.

After this, I don't know.

1 person likes this.
  17. Muaz

Muaz Member

I'd go with Sullinger and Ross If we stay at #14 and #16

I also think the trading down to Boston's #21 and #22 is legitimate option Trague would be available which we are aware that Morey is high on that would also fill up the back up PG void if Lowry is traded. We'd also be able to grab somebody who has fallen or take someone like White, Melo, or Taylor

Another option I like is to trade back for Cleveland's #24 and their #32 and they're 33. That would also let us grab Teague and then either grab guys who've fell, or quality guys still available. For example guys like Barton, Ezeli, Tyhawn Taylor. I'm gonna go with Mike Scott. I know I know another undersized forward, but I see Patterson gone and maybe Scola will get moved so we could use some help at the 4 then plus Scotts got a good jump shot and is more of a face up 4 who could put it in with a floater he's also a pretty good rebounder so he'd be a Paterson replacement.

18. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Id like the Rockets to get rid of Lowry, Martin, Morris, Scola, Dalembert by end of draft night. Thats a whole damn starting lineup.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

If this is the way it worked out, then yes, Henson and Ross. I think Henson goes sooner, so then you think hard about Zeller and Ross, or Ross and Moultrie. Or maybe 16 to BOS and take Moultrie, and whoever is left among White, Taylor, Teague, and Melo.

Edit to add this... no way the Warriors take PJIII... they would take Drummond, Waiters, Lamb, or Marshall if they can't get Lillard.

20. Raven

Raven Member

I think the Rockets should trade up and draft Meyers. After that, everything else is gravy, Barnes, or Perry, or Lamb, or Henson. Sure, why not.

Meyers
    Drummond