1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you give up for Gortat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketsFan, Jul 9, 2010.

1. AggieRocketsFan

Apparently he can be had, but at the right price. I'm not sure what we have that would be appealing to the Magic though. Maybe a deal that would include Budinger? Of course the Magic are probably asking for too much, but Gortat would be a great backup to Yao.

His contract also seems reasonable at 5yr 34mil. Seeing how Haywood just signed 6yr 55mil...

Morey has gone for him once, so I'm sure he's already explored the option.

Otis Smith: No offer so far for Marcin Gortat has made sense

Scenarios in which the Rockets take back the contracts of Vince Carter or Rashard Lewis are strictly forbidden.
    ;)

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm guessing you dont know Gortat's nickname?

3. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

a cup of raman noodle soup

4. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Really??? :grin:
    Now the Chandler trade is not going to happen ... why not? But i'd rather take a look at Al Jefferson first ...

5. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

It would be smarter for Gortat to play for Houston, it would be an increase in minutes because Yao will play a lot less then Dwight will

6. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

give them hill and andersen or hill and JJ.

they get a young C and an expiring. rockets get an athletic C that's ready to play now.

7. AggieRocketsFan

He can also play with a high level of energy which would mesh well with our bench.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's the Polish Hammer. Hint hint.

9. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

If I remember correctly the reason we didn't get him when he was a free agent is because he signed a contract that was higher than Morey was willing to pay him. Considering he is still under that contract because the Magic matched Dallas, and we would have to give up assets, I wouldn't think he would be a likely target.

10. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Bag of Doritos.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Darn it, I like Hill's potential a whole lot, but I would do this trade to land Gortart. The latter is still young, is nearly 7'0" tall, long arms, able to run, etc. Just the type of player we need to protect our rim.

We have plenty enough offensive firepower. Gortart would be asked to rebound and block shots and I think, given minutes, this dude could shine.

Given what has transpired in free agency, I am very hopeful for this season. However, I just don't want us to start Hayes at center again at the onset of the season in the event Yao can't go.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Might do Battier, since we have a surplus of wings and need a backup center capable of being an effective starter if Yao goes down again. Tough call, though, because I love Shane.

13. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

A bag of **** thats what I will give him for not signing with us last year. His ass could of start and got tons of playing time since Yao Ming was out now let his rot in the Orlando magic bench. We even made a website and all these calls and banners for his ass and his ass still didnt sign with us. We wasted our time pouring out our love and concern for him, no need to waste our time again. That Douche bag can suck it! :grin:

14. mFt82

mFt82 Member

a bag of chips and maybe some astroglide?

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

dude, NOBODY WANTS BATTIER!

16. DontTradeOswalt

Wasn't he a restricted free agent?

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

He fits Orlando's needs better than Gortat does, arguably. And he's expiring.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Budinger and Hill

19. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

My neighbors cat...I hate mr.Fluffykins, that fuzzy @$$hole

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

If Morey didn't offer Gortat full MLE a year ago, why would he give up ASSETS today for a Gortat that is paid the full MLE?