1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would our record be with Rick Adelman coaching this team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RiceDaddy7, Jan 25, 2014.

1. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

What? What you just contradicted the point you were trying to make. If he excelled with us with hurt players, then the T-Wolves should be kickin' a** right now with that current roster.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't have the time to dig it out. But I have done a post showing that JVG had BOTH Yao and McGrady healthy a lot more than Adelman.

Also, JVG never could win without McGrady. We were something like 1-12 when McGrady was injured, and were okay when Yao was injured. It was pretty clear that JVG's offense was heavily depended on McGrady creating. Without him, the offense was like crap even though we had a dominant big man in the middle.

3. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

Didn't he get fired because he was not receptive to analytics?

4. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

I think I would faint if we got Phil Jackson.

5. BonziWellsGOAT

82 - 0 for the next three millennia (3000 chips). Rick Adelman would make the Rockets an unstoppable force the universe has yet to see.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Say what? That is a pretty illogical leap, hurt players and a flawed roster aren't the same thing. Others have posted this in more detail over the past 2 pages. I suggest you go take a look at that.

Thats like saying, if the 09 lakers had 2 All Stars on their team, then last year's lakers with 4 All Stars should have been the greatest team of all time, except in an even more illogical way...comparing 2 completely different teams.

7. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

That's just how fanbases are. Grass is always greener. I mean on the Spurs forum they were complaining about Popovich after last night's game even though Spurs are 33-12, leading their division and doing it with an old Tim Duncan...lots of teams would kill to have him as a coach.

8. dantian

dantian Member

I'd say Adelman would get us at least seed #5 and 2nd round in PO. While under McHale, it's one and done in PO.

9. RocketJoe

RocketJoe Contributing Member

While I believe that Adelman is a better coach than McHale... I'm not sure we have the personnel to run his offense efficiently. Adelman's offense often operates with a big (Scola/Yao) on the elbow looking to pass either to the motion cutter (Martin/Dragic/Lowry/etc) or down low (Yao/Scola).

Scola or Yao could operate on the high post because they were above average shooters and passers from 18ft in. Obviously you would not want Dwight on the elbow for long and neither Jones or Dwight can shoot well enough to keep the Defense from sagging and clogging the lane.

10. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I would advise you not to say that too loud as some of us are old fans and do not like anything about Phil Jackson and would not wan't him anywhere near our Rockets Y:p