1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would our record be with Rick Adelman coaching this team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RiceDaddy7, Jan 25, 2014.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

5 games better than now.

DD

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I feel that Rick would have a good chance of taking a full strength Rockets team into the 2nd round of the playoffs. McHale would be out coached by his opposite number in the same circumstances.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

For those of you thinking Adelman is not doing a good job with the Timberwolves, you should watch them play.

You have no idea how much of a handicap Rubio is on the offensive end with his legendary ineptness to make baskets. Rick must be missing Rafer Alston. yes, Rafer.

Wolves have lost an insane amount of games decided by 5 points or less this season and a big part of the problem is that teams invite Rubio to make a shot in the 4th quarter. Wolves preety much have to try to score 4 on 5.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe last night was the first time Rubio had scored in the 4th quarter since December 16!

1 person likes this.
  4. SeabrookMiglla

i think adelman would add at 3-5 more Ws than mchale

5. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

TJones would be warming the bench if Adelman was coach...unless you're named Budinger or Parsons, you're not gonna get any playing time.

6. saleem

I did think about this. I feel Adelman would have tried to incorporate Asik along with Dwight a bit more than McHale did, but I do believe that Jones would not be riding the pine if the TT experiment failed.

7. saleem

I did think about this. I feel Adelman would have tried to incorporate Asik along with Dwight a bit more than McHale did, but I do believe that Jones would not be riding the pine if the TT experiment failed.

Sorry for the double post. My laptop froze up, I didn't know if the previous identical post went through.

8. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

this is the truth about rubio. and wolves are now 1-11 in games decided by 4 pts or less. that's insane. i know it's a big if, and coaching plays a part in the final minutes, but that's just weird. even it was just 4-8 record in those games, twolves are 24-19 and like 8th seed in the west. i know that's a big if, but it's an indicator they're playing pretty darn competitively. and minnesota is actually a team that's both top 10 in ortg and drtg. they're better ranked defensively than us, and not even that much worse offensively (we are 6th and 14th respectively in those categories).

adelman is unequivocally a much better coach than mchale.

9. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I don't have the actual stats but Rubio is gawd awful for the 4th Q. His currently shooting 21.3% and 18% from 3's.

Like I said before, Wolves is a lot better than their record indicated. They'll rank better offensively after tonights game and a lot better defensive team than Rockets.

Move McHale to the front office and get one of those VG brothers. Or trade a first round or Asik for Thib. The window of opportunity is opening and lets not waste our time.

10. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Good point.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

We have 29 now, so with Rick I'd say anywhere from 27 to 31

12. Gertso

Gertso Member

29-17. Give or take a few.

13. treeman

treeman Member

Eh, I liked JVG. You never worried about the defense too much when he was around. Adelman was certainly better on offense. But I think the former is harder to do.

14. Solaris

Solaris Member

Not going to happen.
    Morey said he doesn't believe the coach will make much differences in number of games won. I don't remember the exact number, its like +/- 2 games or something.

Also, Morey only cares about assets. Asik and 1st rounders are assets to be used to land another star. Not to land another coach.

15. treeman

treeman Member

We've always had those.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

No way to know. He is much more a "systems" coach. His substitution patterns were strange and his play calls after time outs were always made fun of on ClutchFans. It really comes down to the players. I don't think coaches make huge differences from team to team. Would Phil take the current Lakers anywhere? Would he have been as successful without Shaq, Kobe, or MJ?

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Who knows...

The only thing I know is there would be a "Fire Adelman" Thread...

T_Man

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Would have been mostly the same. We have a severe mismatch of talent for his system.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Most likely a better record than we have now, but not that much better. We still have no backup center, a weak bench, and an immature young team.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We would be worse last season. But would gradually get better and would go to the second round this season and be a contender next season.

Adelman's system needs at least two seasons to gel. Harden and Howard might or might not like it. Just like TMac didn't like it at first until he was injured and sat on the sideline to watch how beautiful the team worked without him.

But when it matures, it is going to be great basketball.

Of course, another possibility is that the injury curse would hit us.

1 person likes this.