1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would it take to get Tyreke Evans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hemingway, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If they don't think they will make the playoffs, I could see them being willing to trade Evans for picks at the deadline. Not sure if 2nd rounders get it done. Surely somebody out there is willing to give up a 1st for a half a year rental. And I don't think the Rockets can afford to give up a 1st because they'll likely need their first rounders to unload Anderson this coming off season.

3. MONON

MONON Member

With the emergence of Green & Weber, I don't think we need to trade for Evans.

Rocket River likes this.
  4. mockster

mockster Member

Tyreke Evans would actually Be in the realm of posssbility.

-Grizzles are the second worst team in the league
    -Tyreke is only on a one year contract and more then likely won’t be returning to a failing team
    -He only has a 3 mil contract so we can actually acquire him without moving a big contract

I feel like we have pretty good chances if we give up some picks for him.

I think he would benefit the team quiete a bit.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I think everyone's main concern is if we send off our assets for Evans then we don't have any assets to package with Anderson to open up the cap space to sign a star next summer. But no doubt Evans would be perfect for this team.

Evans can play multiple roles. He can be a guy to put on the floor when we need an extra body and he can also be a guy to pick up the slack from harden and cp3 when they rest a game or are injured

saleem, arabrocket and mockster like this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

@what we will give you zhou qi

Jontro likes this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

And some poon

Jontro likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This summer we need to have assets to trade
    Trading for someone that won't bring a championship THIS YEAR is counterproductive

Rocket River

9. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

Ariza will never be traded he is the reason cp3 came here mostly

napalm06 likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Personally, i'm not even sure they'll trade him, are there any rumors about him being on the trade block? Cause, what if they want to resign him this summer? In the end, he has an important role on that team, they trusted him...i mean, i wouldn't bet on them to trade him in the first place.

And even if they do yeah, i guess a 1st rounder is what they would ask, pretty much what we gave up for Lou.

You already know btw he's going to get traded to OKC for Felton, Dakari Johnson and a 2nd rounder

#30 Vivi, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    napalm06 likes this.
  11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

They have no reason to trade him unless they get dank assets back. We wont get him IMO.

He is one of the few bright spots for them this year. They wont walk away from that without good compensation

saleem likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, tbf i don't know how many chances they have to resign him if he wants to be paid big time (i doubt he's going to get more than 15x year though), their cap situation isn't the best and they don't have bird rights on him, but they can create some space, especially if they stretch Parsons, and at this point i wouldn't be shocked if they do it if that means being able to resign Evans. In the end, they will get a top 10 prospect in the draft, Marc and Conley while old are still very good players...if they refuse to go into a full rebuild that's probably the best thing to do for them.

13. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Ryan Anderson has been fine. He’s been in a shooting slump of sorts but it happens....

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Not a chance. Rockets have to save their 1st rounders for the Lebron and company debacle next summer.

2nd rounders and players are on the table. Anderson in particular. NENE as well, especially if Chandler will become a free agent in PHX.

I see the Rockets being players in the buyout market and not so much on the trade market.

Anderson for Melo... who says no.

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Wait, when did Weber emerge?

16. MONON

MONON Member

In the 3 games CP3 missed, he played 49 decent minutes, had 4 assists & 6 rebounds. The only down side was in the 1st 2 games, he had 7 fouls. When CP3 came back against the Wizards, he only played 6 minutes, but was a perfect 3-3 from the field & they were all 3 pt shots. However in his 6 minutes, he also had 3 TO's.

Overall, I liked what I saw from him in those 4 games. Is he starter material? No, but I think he's proved to be our #4 pg & will only get better with more pt. That's the rub with MDA.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I meant Tyson chandler after buyout hopefully

Pen15clubber and peleincubus like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj:
    Memphis wants to find a first-round pick for Tyreke Evans, but that is likely to prove difficult. The Grizzlies have missed in several drafts on first-rounders, including the waiving of the 2015 No. 17 pick Wade Baldwin, and need to replenish their stock of picks. As a rental on an expiring deal, it is hard to imagine Evans delivering that kind of a return.​

TEXNIFICENT, saleem and Pen15clubber like this.
  19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Traded to okc for an IOU and a coupon book

Deuce, saleem and J.R. like this.
  20. jb86

jb86 Member

I would make that deal happen. Tyreke would be a great bench player for us. You have to have a good bench if you want a shot at the title.

Pen15clubber likes this.