1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would it take to bring DeMarcus Cousins to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

and it's exactly on him bc that's the way he plays. he's no traditional center

The traditional center in today's pace and space league is a defensive pick n roll center

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I used to have a bunch of random NBA replica team shorts my grandma got me from Burlington Coat Factory. Bucks, Hornets, Bullets, etc. Probably a similar situation for Cousins.

3. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

I would play him at the 4 along with Clint at the 5.

kwakmeister likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

With the @Reeko Raptors picture, I'm guessing this photo means nothing. Only way I would want him though is if he sought us out and wanted to be in Houston. If he likes the media, the city, the owner, coaches and players in Houston, why not? But if he has any beef with anyone, I'd let him slide.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

.375 from three in NO... 10 FTA a game in SAC.

Morey/D'Antoni dream if it wasn't for his bizarre personality. (Same was said about Zach Randolph though)

adw likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

He'd be used like Nene and that is inside outside isn't it? What exactly do you mean be not enough in today's game? If he's willing to play pick and roll 25 times a game, I don't see why he'd be a bad fit in style. I get the questions about his focus, but his style would be just fine in my opinion provided he'd be will to set picks and roll to the basket. James adapts his game to help roller's finish. We know Cousins finishes well inside.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nene isn't inside outside. inside outside was what Dwight wanted to be. Nene is strictly pick and roll and occasional pick and pop as a last resort. He gets the ball at the elbows and the rockets go through their reads and options.

jae713 likes this.
  8. valorita

valorita Member

Shorts must have been on deep sale.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Cousins salary would require gutting key pieces like Williams, Beverly, Anderson, Ariza, Gordon.... The Rockets win because of a combination of these guys to complement Harden.

Chamillionaire and javal_lon like this.
  10. don grahamleone

Cousins doesn't play like Dwight though. He's dangerous from the rim out to the three point line. I'm not sure Cousins is a post player and a post player is an inside out player, but what's an inside outside player? I have no clue.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah i agree he doesn't play like him. Just an example of someone who wanted to play inside out by dumping him the ball etc. And I don't consider Cousins a post player either. He's floats around on the perimeter and takes way too many jumpers, rather then higher percentage shots for my taste.

12. txn

txn Member

If MDA can't handle Dwight in LA, what make you think he can handle Cousins here? No, heck no. No matter how talented this guys is, just no. Bringing him here will completely destroy the team chemistry over here.

13. don grahamleone

That's a real possibility that you'd consider if we're not good enough to win it all. If we don't make it to the finals, I could see us considering a change like this.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No it wouldn't lol

To match Cousins salary in a trade the only player we would need to trade is Anderson.

But again, I think its highly unlikely Cousins gets traded.

15. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Boogie in Houston would be great bc the dude can score inside and out with ease.

16. Ibaka

Ibaka Member

He can also b**** with ease.

adw likes this.
  17. jae713

jae713 Member

This would be Cousins role here. Except he would be better at it. Imagine if teams took the PnR from the Rockets like OKC did, Cousins would eat them alive cause he is able to create for himself at that distance from the basket.

18. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean it's easy to say that but you don't just turn a player like cousins into a different player from what he's done his whole career. Yeah that would be his ideal role here but is he going to accept that. His history says no. We saw what happened when Houston tried to tell a certain big to play a specific role

jae713 likes this.
  20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

thread...LOL