1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would it take to bring DeMarcus Cousins to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't over look his character that easily because it absolutely is that bad to where it's extremely difficult to be around. And it doesn't help that wherever hes been, it hasn't been much of a winning culture. Huge flags for a guy that's supposed to be this great player some people want to believe he is. Superstar? Not even close imo. Not so much to do with being afraid. It's being logical to me

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, in the sense that maybe he would not make his team play better and/or win more but again, who knows, and if there isn't a better option why not...

3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

This is like the Dwight talk before he came to Houston, only this time you know it's going to suck going in.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. val_modus

val_modus Member

Cousins has no chronic injury history. His game also isn't predicated on athleticism.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. Zergling

Zergling Member

I think what Cousins needs is a competent organization and a good roster. The Kings and Pelicans are probably both top 5 in worst run NBA teams.

Plus, was Cousins still acting up after the trade in New Orleans? I didn't hear anything interesting. Obviously the team still wasn't that good but again that just shows you how awful that roster was.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yeah DMC is an actual skilled big man with range outside of 5 feet unlike Dwight and Capela.

Would be awesome if our center depth chart next year is Cousins and Nene.

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he has really only played in one place, he played in New Orleans for 17 games and they won 7 without any real game plan or cohesive play between he and Davis.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

what i said is still true though. i mean people are making all these excuses for this guy for what. what has he done to deserve that in this league. I understand we are looking for that person to put houston over the top but DC is not close to being one of those guys imo

jayfree likes this.
  9. jayfree

jayfree Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOL at this entire thread and Cousins. This is the equivalent of leaving the adult table and overhearing what your kids are talking about at theirs as you check up on them.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

Based on what? Cousins is 18th in the entire league in real plus/minus whereas Capela is 35th among just centers. DMC probably doesn't leap us over the Warriors, but I don't think any move would accomplish that. Doesn't change though that Cousins gives us a massive upgrade at C and will only further help Harden on offense.

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Cousins plays like a Power Forward rather than a Center! He could be our Power Forward.
    We would have to move Ariza and R Anderson would have to be moved. to pay for such a star player,.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Soo based on your plus minus that you seem to be impressed with, how much winning has he done again? His talent upgrade individually when you're talking about Capella doesn't matter to me. Its not about that. The most important factor is would he impact the team positively for the entire team and winning. His resume says no.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Last time I checked, TEAMS win games -- not players. Chris Bosh was the all-stats no wins player in Toronto. Kevin Love was the all-stats no wins player in Minny, then "magically" they become winning players once they join a great team. Gee, I wonder what caused that change?

14. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I followed his games a bit the last few seasons. His isssue is purely mental and focus related. If Morey believes his Coach can handle Demarcus then I donĀ“even care about the cost, he is too good. But if he is going to be calling the shots, we will start following the lottery sooner than later, his attitude is hard to watch.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh gee lets see ok. actually Chris bosh had some success as far as winning in Toronto. He definitely had a positive impact in winning to a certain degree. He led Toronto back into the playoffs after a five year drought and a division title. And that was after only 3 years in the league. No where near the same situation as cousins. Again who has not had any winning seasons. Remind us how long as he been in the league and still hasn't come close to a playoff appearance yet much less close to a winning record. As far as Kevin love people realized he wasn't as good as his inflated stats indicated. On a winning team he obviously showed he's a 3rd or lower option. And even then there's times where he struggles badly.

16. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Bobby brown and useless players in the bench

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

Wow that's a pretty ignorant post. Love has been sensational for the Cavs this year. His only problem was getting injured. And um, yeah he's an NBA champion now after being on a loser franchise with the T-Wolves who never made the playoffs with him (a fact you conveniently ignored). Cousins's situation in Sacramento was far worse than Bosh's in Toronton. Did anyone claim the Raptors at that time were horribly dysfunctional and an annual joke like the Kings? You lost this one buddy, moving on

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm biased in that I have been a big Cousins fans since his Kentucky days.

I don't think he's a talent like harden were he just elevates teams into winning 50+ games. We take harden for granted and think any guy coming here that's a star should be on his level.

And I agree that would be awesome but it's also wishful thinking.

To me Their is tiers of players.

Franchise guys (MVP can be the best player on a championship team)

Lebron
    Durant
    Harden
    Curry
    Leonard

Superstar (MVP guys who just can't quite beat out that group above)

Cp3
    Westbrook
    Giannis
    Wall

Superstar talent/allstar production

Cousins
    Davis
    KAT
    IT
    PG13

Allstars

Klay
    Draymond
    Lowry
    derozan
    Hayward
    Irving
    Love

Cousins is in that group were he has that superstar talent that the allstars don't have but his impact is not that off the cp3 John wall types.

But imo his talent paired with Harden is a better combination of talent than every team but the Warriors.

It's subjective so I understand why people don't like him and his attitude does scare me but ultimately talent wins in this league and Cousins has a lot of it.

This year has been great I loved every moment of it but In order to really truely compete for a chip and not get beat in the WCF every year we need a guy with cousins talent level.

Harden is great we can def win wit him we have the hardest and rarest piece that teams covet.

Now it's time to load up on talent we boosted a lot of guys value this season. Now we gotta capitalize and cash in for a cousins type talent and imo cousins is the way to go if we have to trade more than 1 of Gordon Anderson Lou and Ariza.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol at you trying to say something is ignorant. when you fail to understand the full concept of the post you called chris bosh a no wins all stats player which is clearly 100% false. yeah obviously kevin love proved he isn't good enough to lead a team to wins. which is why that didn't need to be mentioned lol that's the point. your response has absolutely not made your position any better and basically a summary of your feelings which at this moment doesn't mean much. hahaha lost this one. what's there to lose? you're trying to talk to win something? LOL there's one loser in this discussion for sure and his name is Demarcus Cousins

if you're actually going to have a basketball discussion, please actually do so and make some actual points.

20. jayfree

jayfree Member

Here's the problem with your logic. You are comparing Cousins to two players who never expressed attitude problems. As well you mentioned that you think all he needs is a change of scenery and the right coach that can tame him. Why would a team on the upside take a chance on a player like that. If Love had major issues I doubt Clev would have traded what they did for him to match with LeBron.