1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would be your QB plan recommendation?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jayded, Feb 10, 2023.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If GM, HC and OC think that Bryce Young or CJ Stroud (or someone else ftm) is without a doubt a franchise QB, trade up to 1.1 and draft him.

If they think there is more than one franchise QB, stay at 1.2 and draft him.

If they do not see a franchise QB, draft the BPA at 1.2 or trade down.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Or stay at 1.2 and still get their franchise QB…

ROXRAN, red5rocket and No Worries like this.
  3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

They keep missing on QBs but each QB missed hasn’t cost them 10 years. The quicker you realized the mistake, the faster you’ll search for the next. Holding on to a bust will cost you.

gfab-babyboi and Wattafan like this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Franchise qbs aren't easy to find. We haven't had one in our existence basically. Some would argue deshaun was some will say he wasn't, why do you think in this draft all of sudden our luck will turn around. Bryce just Seems too small to play in nfl.

El_Conquistador likes this.
  5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Draft Bryce. Problem solved

6. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

If you have two high picks and need a QB, you'd be silly not to take one.
    Sure it might be risky, but ain't it so most of the time?
    If he turns out to be pretty good, you have multiple firsts again next year to build around him.
    Perfect time to take a guy.
    If he's not, you're still better off than if you only had one first and can try again in a couple years. In this scenario, you try to trade one of your firsts next year into the 2025 draft for buying power to move up and take a guy.

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Where did I say it was easy to find one?

I said the quicker you move of a “bust” the better. Every team has has busts. Doesn’t mean it takes them 10 years to recover. That’s a myth.

Wattafan likes this.
  8. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Take Young or Stroud and call it a day.

9. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Take Tanner McKee top of second round.
    Has as much potential as any in this draft.
    Yeah, I know I said it would be silly not to take one with one of the firsts, but taking one was the meaning. Do it with #33 instead.

10. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Seeing Bryce Young standing next to Tyler Murray made me do a double take. Young is the same height but a lot thinner.
    Take Stroud and be done with it. None of the QBs in this class is gonna lead you to the promised land in his rookie season anyway and Stroud is as good as any here all things considered.
    Start Stroud, but if he looks lost after a handful of games, revert back to Mills and let Stroud learn from the bench a while.
    Put Stroud back in the last handful of games to see if he learned anything. What else can you do? You draft someone with the second overall pick, you gotta start him at least.
    And ditch Driskell - bring someone else in.

11. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Davis Mills 2.0. Waste of a pick.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Man I like Anthony Richardson. But you take Young or Stroud.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I take defense at 1.2. If Richardson is available at 12, I jump all over it.

CVcrew and jch1911 like this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

LMAO at Bryce Young being body shamed.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. body slam

body slam Member

My new plan is to take a better short term QB option while whichever QB the Texans might end up drafting develops.

Rudyc281 and jch1911 like this.
  17. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Don't use a high draft pick on a QB. So many of them don't work out as planned. For the ones who do, it usually takes years for them to become the player you hoped they'd be when you drafted them. By that time the coach has been fired and the system changed.

Trade for someone who has already taken his lumps and learned the speed of the game. Those are usually guys who some team had used a high pick on a few years earlier. Let another team be your development league.

Maybe Garoppolo would be available. Then you can use your picks to build the offensive line. Trade down and stockpile more talent if you can. You need it.

There are exceptions (Justin Herbert), but they're just that -- exceptions. There are a lot of Matt Leinarts.

raining threes and Shark44 like this.
  18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Draft Young at 2 if he’s not there take Anderson. Draft Hooker in the 3rd or later.

Buildup the talent via FA and this draft and if Hooker looks like a bust then go all in next year to trade up for Maye, Williams, etc.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Why would you waste significant cap space on QBs you already know aren’t going anywhere in their career? We could use that cap space to actually improve the team. A rookie contract qb is the best option to build the overall talent of the team up in a rebuild.

20. SuraGotMadHops

I swear if I see somebody suggest Jacoby Brissett as a bridge QB just one more time I am going to jump out a window. He is complete garbage, might as well use Mills as the bridge if that's what you want. Enough.

Rudyc281, houstonstime and cmoak1982 like this.