1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would be considered failure for the Rockets in 2013-14?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Aug 7, 2013.

1. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

lol what? I would say most Houstonians (minus all of the more hardcore rockets fans) are fair-weather fans. Big difference. They are like Green Day.."Wake me up when September ends" instead of "Screw September" and then September gets a nice body and then they talk about how nice September is..that dirty girl. You have to admit though, a team whose headlining "star" being Jeremy should not have been expected to win 45+ games. I was going in thinking MAYBE 30, but then James fell into our laps and here we stand today.

2. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Oddly enough winning the Wiggins lottery would be considered a failure, I think.

3. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Like a lot of you have already said, no home court advantage or not getting out of the 1st round.

And any kind of locker room drama.

4. Marteen

Marteen Member

It depends. If Howard or Harden get injured during the season, making the play-offs is the most important thing. Making it to the WCF, win or lose, is a success.

5. jas0n

jas0n Member

first post after years and years of visiting clutchfans...

anyway, failure would be losing by 40 points in game 7 of the first round... that would be 2005 all over again considering we had the best perimeter player and center that time (same as this year best sg and c in the league)

6. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

[​IMG]

Hope the locker room doesn't turn into this!!!! No dividing please Dwight

7. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Have to win a playoff series.

West is too tough this year to call a second round loss a failure. Making it to the second round and falling there isn't a successful season per se, but I would call it somewhat meeting expectations.

1 person likes this.
  8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I hope they move those camera men from under the basket because Harden hurt his ankle cause of them smh

9. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

If we don't at least get to the 2nd round and push for a 7game series than it's a total failure.

Without a doubt this is a WCF team, and they shouldn't strive for anything less than that.

1-4 see as well. I would much rather top 3, but 4th wouldn't be awful considering our 8th place seed this past season.

10. LIT123

LIT123 Member
    Supporting Member

The Heat brought in James and Bosh and improved a playoff team by 11 games. They play 60% of their games in the east. You guys bring in The Beard,
    JL, Asik, and fully unleashed Parsons and you improved by 3 games(adjusted lockout to 82). You play 60% of your games in the west.
    This is the first year the Heat had the best record in the east. You can certainly and should hope for more but finishing with a well played 2nd round
    defeat should be a disappointment but not a failure.

11. basketballholic

In my opinion, failure is not getting to the WC Finals. I know that's a high expection..but we've got 2 of the top 8 ballplayers in the league playing on this team along with plenty of other quality ballers. This team is good enough on paper to be in the WC Finals. They are better than everybody not named Spurs and Thunder. And they should be able to position themselves with a top 2 record and homecourt advantage up until the WC Finals.

12. MightyBeard

MightyBeard Member

Failures:

-getting bounced in the first round would be a failure
    -not placing in the top 4 of the west
    -losing to the Lakers or the Mavs

13. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Said perfectly.