1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would be a successful season for the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Madeinchin4, Mar 14, 2018.

?

What would be a successful season for the Rockets this season?

1. Winning the Championship

2. Losing in the Finals

3. Losing in the Western Conference

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Kick the Crap out of the Warriors....WCF
    Beat the Stuffing out of the Raptors....NBA Finals
    Rip a new A-hole in those Monstars....Galaxy World Championships
    Go to Disney World or Disney Land

burlesk likes this.
  2. smp

smp Member

Success = seriously challenging GSW in the conference finals with CP3 and Harden playing up to their maximum potential. If that happens and we still lose then so be it. If we don’t make it to the WCF or if Harden and CP3 fail to show up, that will be a failure.

No more chokes/ MIA games for CP3 or Harden in the playoffs. The series against the Clippers a few years ago scares me. CP3 and Harden both failed their teams. Harden sat on the bench watching his team come out on top of a CP3/ Clippers epic choke. Both of these guys need to step up in the playoffs this year and claim their legacies.

OTMax likes this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

White House ?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  4. ballscientist1

Better chance?

Chance: Rockets are going to meet Donald Trump - injury free.

Chance: Rockets get swept in the first round due to injury.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Championship or bust

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

me i want what's coming to us. the world championship, chico. and 4 sweeps to win it.

burlesk and ApacheWarrior like this.
  7. rockets13champs

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

She says this as her entire team is crippled

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Lose in Finals on half court heave in Game 7 2OT... Anything less is a failure

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Fo' Fo' Fo' Prediction, reincarnated.

burlesk likes this.
  11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Getting my championship shirts and hats. And afterward getting my Harden jersey for $10 from Dick's.

CK Johnson likes this.
  12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

winning the title..............no prizes for second

13. riko

riko Member

At this point we should be looking at a title. If we win the west almost assuredly we will or have a super chance of wining a title

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If the ultimate goal is to win championships that's the measure of success .... One winner , second place is the first loser - there are no participation trophy's.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

If we lose to the Warriors in 6 or 7 then it’s only acceptable if everyone played their hearts out and it doesn’t have any of those typical Harden games with 8-10 TOs, definitely cannot have a 20pt+ blowout and please no late CP3 / Harden choke.

smp likes this.
  16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nothing less than a CHAMPIONSHIP

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

a title, or at worst a 6 or 7 game loss to a fully healthy Warriors team in the WCF...with HCA, I think we have a very real shot at beating them

18. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

That there's somebody who's thinkin' big!

[​IMG]

19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

The championship. We're too good this year to settle for less. I'd call winning it all a success but I wouldn't call losing to GS in 7 a failure. If we take GS to 7 games in WCF and lose, I'd just be encouraged that that rivalry had become a legit one, with us in the spot normally reserved for the Cavs, that of top challengers to the dynasty in GS.

If we can beat GS but lose in the finals to TOR (again over 7 games) I wouldn't be too hurt by that either. That too would be a successful season to me.

Anything less than winning it all would be a letdown at this point. But taking Warriors to 7 games in WCF, and losing the series in a tight game 7, wouldn't feel like failure to me. If we get past GS and have to face TOR in finals, again, losing in a close game 7 would not feel like failure.

But only winning it all would feel like success. We can't be favored to win it all when we haven't proven ourselves in the playoffs so we're the underdog no matter what Nate Silver or Vegas has to say. GSW have done it (more than once) and we haven't so they have to be favored and we have to be the underdog. Still the season has been such that only overcoming that underdog status to beat GSW would feel like real success.

And if we lose in close finals or WCF, I think we're going to get LeBron. I think he'll join if he feels needed for Rockets to become class of the league. I remember hearing that if we win it all he wouldn't sign here and that makes sense to me. I figure he signs here not to piggyback success but to push us over the top.

20. MystikArkitect

This is an All Time team. If we win everything, there will always be that "if everyone had been healthy this might've been the best team of all time".

Any other trios have a 78 win pace on their resume after 35 or so games?