1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

What will the Suns do NOW???

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by El Hitman, Jul 6, 2010.

1. El Hitman

El Hitman Member

Put yourself in the shoes of a Suns fan. Amare is GONE!!! It's their highest paid player, just like if Yao left Houston. What will happen to the Suns? I haven't heard any plans from them on how they will fill his void. It was pretty obvious he was gonna bolt to another team this summer. Do they have a backup plan? I kind of liked this years Suns team, I thought they were a piece or two away from being a true contender...and maybe needed more time to learn how to trust each other. I think this is a fair question that deserves it's own thread. Discuss.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I was wondering this myself. I guess they'll just fade into irrelevancy now..

3. k-money

k-money Member

if i were a suns fan i would just go be the fan of watever team lebron goes too. :cool:

4. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

The window is already closed anyway, they had a 3 yr window 06-08 but they didn't cash on it. They are now a borderline playoff team at best and they are ready to rebuild, after Nash is done.

5. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

They will be fine trust me you will see next year how his importance on that team was overated.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have a more interesting question?
    Is Alvin Gentry homosexual?

I kid.

7. Mr.Pinoyboy

Mr.Pinoyboy Member

i bet they will get David Lee

8. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Why not go after Boozer or Lee? I know management is cheap, but either of those two would be deadly with Nash in the pick and roll or pick and pop. But they lack significant pieces to make something happen.

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

They'll go from being a 50-55 win team with no serious shot at winning a title to a 40-45 win team with no serious shot at winning a title.

1 person likes this.
  10. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Pretty much.

They still got Nash. They'll play an entertaining brand of ball. And they'll be a borderline playoff team.

11. worzel gummidge

Wonder in melancholy... When will they ever learn?
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MLULkKT5LYg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MLULkKT5LYg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Suns spent their cap space on Frye and Warrick. so unless Lee is willing to sign for the min...

12. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

They should go for David Lee, but apparently they replaced Stoudemire with Hakim Warrick. :rolleyes:

13. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

It's time for Morey to be opportunistic and feed on the Suns carcass:

Nash

for

Budinger, Hill, Jeffries, Andersen (I think Suns want Dragic to start, if not, Brooks would be a natural trade chip; they also want young talent, so Bud and Hill are musts)

flip Brooks for a forward (Bosh in a package?) or good backup center

Yao / backup
    Bosh? (Scola) / Patterson
    Ariza? / Battier?
    Martin / Taylor (Adelman's complimented him this offseason)
    Nash / Lowry

14. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

They should have bottomed out. Traded all their vets for as many 2012 draft picks as they could muster(next strong draft). They have useful parts for other contenders: Nash, Hill, JRich and Barbosa but they stupidly put big money into Frye and Hakim Warrick.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Uh...Amare is overrated. They lost Amare before and they reached the playoffs anyway. Actually if you look at Amare's advanced stats his production just barely breaks even when you account for his horrible D.

Expect Warrick to "break out" just like Frye did this year.

16. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

They should sign Lee and becomes this offseason's version of trading free agents just like Artest-Ariza last summer.

17. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

Nash is gonna turn him into the next Amare.

18. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

The Suns should give Nash away for free! To the Rockets of course.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I dont see enough improvement the players they have to offset the Amare loss, even if he was overrated. They didnt have a 1st round pick. Vets Warrick, Richardson and Grant Hill are what they are. Nash is still the motor that makes it run, but he'll need less not MORE minutes. Frye might play more minutes but could have a Boris Diaw type decline. They better hope Robin Lopez, Goran Dragic and Earl Clark improve leaps and bounds to make them a contender. I dont see it.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't understand why such teams don't dismantle the roster.

They can net some nice pieces for Nash and Barbosa. Tank the coming year, start fresh.