1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Will People Complain About Next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Jan 9, 2021.

1. HardenVolumeOne

Reeko delivered the goods on this one

Sonicbun8 and D-rock like this.
  2. HardenVolumeOne

so are you gonna make a rebuttal to the op’s post or continue to deflect

3. HardenVolumeOne

keep exposing them brotha. How they claim to be a mavs fan when luka plays harden ball the most out of anyone in the league. I think their is something about luka that they like and don’t like with harden that’s obvious to anyone with a brain and I’ll just leave it there

4. HardenVolumeOne

bruh ClutchFans is infested with curry and luka stans

5. HardenVolumeOne

you were a big fan of Yao. Stop adding in tmac to make it seem like you don’t have an agenda

6. HardenVolumeOne

ben Taylor said steph curry has the BIGGEST drop off from regular season to postseason of any player of the modern era.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Rockets4Life13

It’s funny that you’re constantly talking about skincolor. Literally no one cares about the color of NBA players - atleast i don’t.
    The reason why people like luka more is because he’s not been there long enough to be disliked. They usually gain their haters In their mid to late 20s. Also, luka didn’t request a trade after demanding everything be catered toward him for 8 Years.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  8. Asian Sensation

Harden Only Fans be like:

[​IMG]

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Im shocked at this post but I'm not surprised.

10. HardenVolumeOne

bruh you be posting on realgm taking ben taylor and rapm analytics as gospel and yet come on here speak the opposite

11. HardenVolumeOne

you'd have to be completely naive to believe the skin color of an nba player doesnt factor into how the media treats that said player. draymond, paul george, durant, kyrie, dwight, cp3,kawhi, lebron, and harden were all and still are to a certain extent villainized by the media while luka, towns, blake griffin, lavine, trae young, steph curry, and ben simmons are ALWAYS seen in a positive light. Also its no secret clutchfans has a lot of asian posters who have followed the rockets for years since yao. But in asia the darker your skin tone the more harshly you are looked down upon. I think over the years we have seen lesser players than harden on the clutchfans boards praised like lin, parsons, dmo, scola, and battier.. while players like terrence williams, terrence jones, who are of equal talent to those players be hated on these same boards. Heck their are people who willingly look past ben simmons flaws as a player and he is voted to all star teams over more deserving players. How about harden being completely shafted in 2016 on the all-nba team, or brogdon winning roty over the more deserving joel embiid. And then the absolute worst is when people are making post saying they," feel sorry for steph curry" because he is playing like crap even though on paper the warriors are still more talented then we are. Its like when curry plays bad.. its always he's hurt, or people feel sorry for him. But when other nba players have the same trials and tribulations they get no leeway

saleem likes this.
  12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I've got an earth shattering rebuttal to your everyone is racist theory.

There's a very strong trend with all those names you mentioned being 'villainized'. Maybe it's not because they're gasp a darker skin colour. Shocking I know.

Maybe it's because they're unlikeable people who are easy to hate for the things they do.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Warriors were better. Dominated the West for 5 years. Now the Lakers (LBJ/AD) are better. End of Story. Let's trade him and start over. 25 years and counting.....

14. Theking

Theking Member

Well i dont like how much tax i have to pay

15. Rockets4Life13

there’s so much wrong with this post, i don’t even know where to start.

First of all, everyone you mentioned as being villainized is either a lot older than guys you mentioned below ( Luka, Trae, Ben, KAT) or a hell of a lot better. No one will villainize Blake Griffin because no one gives a **** about him. No one is villainizing Demar Derozan either. Is that because he’s not black enough? Nah, it’s just because they’re no good enough to even be interesting.

secondly, everyone you listed as bein villainized, is villainized for things they have done in the past. Just to name a few:
    Draymond is flopper and nutkicker (only relevant because warriors were a dynasty)

kyrie is known to be a weird guy in the locker room, also thinks the earth is flat, also doesn’t tell his coach that he won’t be at the game, also talked **** about Lebron after leaving him.

And now the most important thing:
    The players you mentioned are considered the best in the league. Everything they do is under a magnifying glass.

Honestly, even assuming that skincolor is relevant in a league with what feels like 80% black people feels weird to me. Why would anyone even watch the nba if they had problems with black people? There’s literally not a single team you could follow.

the last point i love the most, lol.
    If curry plays bad he’s always hurt - take a look in the mirror. I’ve seen nothing but „harden is hurt“ excuses after the indiana game. Also you have no clue if you think Curry has better talent around him than Harden.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

This thread sucks.

:D

Htown's Finest likes this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Winning too much

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

okay LOF

19. HardenVolumeOne

blake griffin was a number 1 overall pick, who constantly choked in the playoffs. yet it was CP3 who usually got all of the blame in those clipper days. I remmeber it very well. CP3 was blamed for blake griffin and deandre jordan not being happy on the clippers. It was a constant talking point on first take and those nba talk shows

Kevin Durant was accused of faking the severity of his achilles injury in the 2019 playoffs, because the media went along with the lie that durant enjoyed seeing curry and warriors lose without him. Not even 1 week after saying the warriors didnt need kevin durant and that he was only a luxury that the warriors needed to beat LeBron. The media felt the warriors didnt need kevin durant for the finals againist the raptors, and changed their tune after the warriors kept getting blown out on their home floor. They guilted kevin durant to come back ONLY to try and help steph curry win a finals mvp

Harden legit had a real rolled ankle at the end of the kings game, but harden has never used the "harden is hurt" as a crutch for why he has bad games, like steph curry does. Thats my point. Every single time curry has a bad game, they always give him excuses that they dont give to his peers. Curry is awarded sympathy by not just the nba media, but casuals who are influenced by the media

Also Kyrie might have a mental stability problem that he is trying to work through, and probably refuses help. But instead of asking these questions like we would if kyrie was light or white. WE MOCK HIM

And yes you can say skin color plays a factor into how certain nba players are treated. Zack Lavine, Towns, and Trae Young are supposed to be the new generation. Yet all of last year in the bubble it was zion williamson who was constantly fat shamed similar to how harden is this year. Meanwhile Luka's weight is never called out

I guess this is something we are just gonna have to agree to disagree too. Im of my opinion and you are of yours. And i guess we can leave it at that

20. Htown's Finest

A lot of analyst blamed Blake as well bro. The knock on Blake was that all he could do was dunk and that's it, he didn't have much of a jump shot or post game. Towns has been criticized a lot and been labeled as "soft". Zach was labeled as just a "dunker" as well when he was in Minnesota. And the same narrative that so many CF members have about Curry not being able to carry a team is not mutually exclusive to this board only. Many other fans have said the same thing about Curry on other media platforms. And Zion does need to lose some weight. I don't think any of the criticism that I labeled above has to do with skin color bro. People are just calling it as they see it.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.