1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Will People Complain About Next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Da fuq is this? Why would we root for a division rival or an in-state rival? There's no state pride when it comes to sports.

2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol

3. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

I'm gonna complain about whiny-ass keyboard warriors acting smug and self-righteous over real and honest Harden criticism when some fans call Harden out for the spoiled punk he is.

Htown's Finest and kjayp like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Somebody triggered by my thread? Awww

clos4life, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

#TRUTH

6. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean no, I would like to try to win as much as possible. If that means James Harden has the ball a lot because no else can do anything, so be it. The fact that the league pretty much copied us tells me enough. I dont believe in giving the rock to players who can't do anything with it. Giving Dwight Howard the rock is wasteful. You do what works for your roster and what has worked for us is James Harden/John Wall with the ball in his hands. Silas is making a few tweaks which is good, we'll see whats up.

I donno, there is baseline level you should see when they start out though....it hasnt looked good. We'll see what happens when we play the Lakers.

There is no guarantee that any of this translated in the playoffs. You say it will work because you have preconceived notions about how basketball is supposed to look like. Maybe this will work, maybe it wont but it wont be because our old way was inherently wrong.

I hope the Harden saga ends with a championship in Houston.

#66 HP3, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    clos4life and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Bringing up that poster to support your case is a huge fail.

Juxtaposed Jolt, clos4life and HP3 like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

125 offensive efficiency is what you really should have focused on.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

More like election lies.

Saying it over and over again without evidence makes fantasy a reality in the easily deluded.

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Honestly D i dont have a case, but i understand his frustrations. Look The last few years when harden didnt step up and lead the team he was the only person who had what it takes to get past the teams to get into the finals. He cant lead his team past WEST finals, he has gotten everyone here who he wanted(Even his buddy he started with in the league),

i dont understand why people act like if harden is traded it will be the end of basketball in Houston. I think you can already see Wood as youth movement starting to happen.

James may not be here very long anyways. This is the rockets team not James Harden team. I know james is the leader because he can score and do remarkable things. But everyone is held accountable for, its everyone's team.

Yea losing blows, but look it was the few times people came on here and blamed James. Well everyone knows it wasn't all James fault. Maybe James Harden is great regular season stat leader, but when it comes to showtime againt the best, James is not the best at that. I tired of people labeling me mavs fan, i have not yet posted mavs related talk in the dish so i dont really understand.

Look maybe this team can figure it out, but i dont know you think about Denver, Clippers, and Lakers. It would just take a first round matchup with Denver to first round exit. Im just saying, i do hope they can figure it out with this crew. But who knows.

And as far as this poster wants to hate on me, thats fine, he was just pissed cause i said harden didnt show up when it time for him to show up. So he labels me and others who say this. Whatever....

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just saying you dont want to be lumped in with guys like that who are notorious haters.

HP3 likes this.
  12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Welp, thats where we disagree... i wouldnt want to forfeit a first round pick - for the opportunity for a first round bouncing... If we dont have the horses to make a deep run and maybe win it all with a little luck - then try to build your assets to improve your team so you will have that realistic shot in the future.

imo...

HP3 likes this.
  13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yea will i dont mean to be a hater as i might come off as one. I do hope for the rockets to win.

You tell the youngins around here that there is no need for centers in the league anymore.The game has changed, then you run into Denver and La, bam maybe that tell wasnt all true.

I wish rockets would get some big men. Wood is nice player, but not a true center. Everyone all over the league said if rockets had Some big guys who could play they could get to the finals. Cousin and Wood is pretty much a big step up. So hey maybe this might be year if everyone stay healthy.

D-rock likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

In reality that first round pick probably doesnt move the needle that much.

D-rock and kjayp like this.
  15. Asian Sensation

Oh look, another Harden Only Fans gathering. I’m not welcome here but I’m crashing this b**** anyways.

Not only is this bum ass loser still here... his Fanbois and confused kids still think Houston can win with him. We couldn’t even get to the Finals when he was younger, thinner, ‘happy’, fully engaged and just better overall. It’s been shown year after year that he can’t be the #1 guy in the playoffs (you know he knows this too) yet his nuthuggers are still defending him to the point of trashing anyone and everyone that isn’t praising/sucking him off.

Harden’s playoff failures suck and they’re annoying but the absolute worst is his cult like following that thinks he’s a god and can do no wrong (off the court as well, freaking weirdos) I’m not easily impressed even when he kills it during the regular season so I’m not going to put much stock into what he has or hasn’t done thus thus far in the regular season but when it matters most (the playoffs) you aren’t winning with a guy that shoots 33% from 3 (career playoffs, last 5 years have been even worse) on ultra high volume while having a 1.65 A:TO ratio. That’s not bad. That’s absolutely detrimental for a guy that handles the ball that much. Worst part is he always disappears in the 4th and makes his most costly turnovers then. He should’ve been gone like 5 year ago.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...rter-is-so-on-brand-its-painful-to-watch/amp/

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/arti...lures_are_defining_his_career/s1_127_33127022

https://wrgwsports.wordpress.com/20...den-continue-to-struggle-in-the-playoffs/amp/

https://clutchpoints.com/rockets-ne...from-some-of-james-harden-playoff-losses/amp/

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/james-harden-playoff-postseason-failures-career/563533?amp

https://www.captaingambling.com/the...simpson/james-harden-exorcise-playoff-demons/

Htown's Finest likes this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

maybe... but it could go into a package for a needle mover...

in our case, that pick that we shipped coulda been Siakam, LeVert, etc...or a bust...

I'm not down for full out tanking - but I'd trade a few seasons of being a pretender to be a true contender...

#76 kjayp, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. tell us what you really think :D

D-rock likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Our jerseys still suck

HP3 likes this.
  19. Asian Sensation

Steph Curry can carry his own team.

Htown's Finest and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

that's easy, losing.

If we lose the next 5 games, there will be a lot of complaints. ;)

"harden will always be a loser"