1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will make Adelman fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by waihh, Feb 5, 2009.

Tags:
?

What will lead to the fire of Adelman in the regular season?

Poll closed Feb 15, 2009.
  1. This is just his second year, he won't be fired no matter what.

114 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. After 7-8 losses in a 10 game span, and playoff seed is gone, Adelman will be let go.

42 vote(s)
    23.6%
  3. After 5-6 losses in a 10 game span which put rockets outside-look-in, Adelman will be let go.

9 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. He will loss his job if a better record can not be build in this easy Feburary.

13 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

At some point, the organization will have to make a decision. 30 wins vs. 20 losses is not at all a bad record, but it is also awfully close to falling out of playoff seeds (2.5 games).
    Statistically, the veterans are struggling while several young guys stand out, but at last check the rockets is in "win now" mood, no? Anyone honestly believes that Yao plus Brooks, Landry, Scola, Wafer can win it all?
    I would like to know what you guys think might lead to the fire of Adelman. If the rockets had another first round easy exit, I feel Adelman would be fired so I would like to limit to the regular season.

2. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

he won't be fired until after the TMac/Yao trial is over.

The team is still with the best record since 1995 up to this point in the season especially with all the injuries.

3. RedRaiderRocket

Was watching league pass last night was forced to listen to the Grizzlies broadcasters the Rockets are 14-7 against teams with a winning record, while only being 14-13 against teams with a losing record. I found that information very disturbing.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The Rockets were 30-20 last year (they were 46-20, for that matter) and were 32-18 the year before. They were 29-21 in 2004-05. We're not exactly in unchartered waters since the championship years.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

But with the roster and personnel that we have, we are well below expectations.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'd retool that poll - it looks like the options are "fired in late February" or "won't be fired at all"

I think if we miss the playoffs, there's a very good chance he gets fired in the offseason.

He's failed miserably at managing the Artest and McGrady situations this year. Miserably. If the team decides a different coach could have done a better job putting the talent together on the court, and that they want to keep Artest and/or McGrady, I think he's on a serious hot seat.

Evan

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets love Adelman. I think they'll break up the core of the team or he'll quit on his own before they fire him.

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

If we dont make it out of the first round, I bet we will find someone else for next year.

9. Pocket Rockets

lets see...

on one hand, theres the experiment with yao, mcgrady and jvg = result failed

on the other, theres the current experiment with yao, mcgrady and rick = so far not looking good

id say theres a couple constants here and yao has shown improvements over the years....

cant wait til 2010

10. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Let's assume there won't be a major trade by the deadline.

What if the rockets accumulated a few losses and playoffs were in danger? The organization will face this question: giving up the season or giving up coach Adelman to save the season?

The organization has so much hype on this team that giving up this season would be an extremely difficult decision. At least on paper this team can be close to instant contender in the playoffs. If even playoff seed is in danger under coach Adelman, I won't be too surprised that Adelman will be let go.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

bingo.

and rightfully so, i might add.

he's left to coach a different lineup every night and he's got a superstar that half asses it. the problem is with the roster, not the coach.

12. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

bingo + 1

It's the roster (and their related health issues) and some posters just don't get it.

Either that or Doc Rivers found some sort of magical elixir between being fired by ORL and winning the Championship last season.

13. Steve_Francis_rules

Actually, I think that's kind of good news. Assuming the Rockets still win enough games to make the playoffs, they will definitely be playing a team with a winning record. At least this isn't one of those teams that gets the fans' expectations high by feasting on the bottom feeders in the league but can't contend with the big boys.

14. uchlha

uchlha Member

god i love this board, we win all positive threads we lose fire this trade that we gonna die threads.

jesus its one game, stand your ground and wait til the end of the season before yelling fire or trade blank.

15. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Fire Adelman? This man coached us to 22 straight wins with an injured team!

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Rick's performance can be excused by the injuries. Even if the team stays healthy for the rest of the year and still misses the playoffs management is going to let him slide. I think that misses the bigger picture with Adelman.

Adelman does not seem to manage personalities well. All this BS with McGrady making his own medical decisions and declaring himself healthy or unhealthy from night to night was absolutely ridiculous and you can be damn sure it would have never happened under most coaches. Furthermore, these guys just don't seem to respect Rick like they did JVG. If you read between the lines in the interviews these guys seem confused about their roles and the team's identity. Those two issues are 100% on the coach. I feel like Rick came in as an X's and O's guy but has completely disregarded every other facet of coaching in the NBA. He isn't getting the job done with a team that is loaded with talent.

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Let's not forget that we have had a really healthy team this year :rolleyes:

18. MandM's

MandM's Member

1. mcgrady needs to be traded b4 deadline.

2. Better suited player in place for playoff run.

3. 2nd round...adelman stays.

4. 1st round exit...adelman gone

19. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

you forgot the blabla bla bla bla they are sucking adelmans balls :eek: :mad:

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

To be honest I think coaching has been as weak as pg play for the Rox this season. Adelman just seems freakin' clueless.