1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will it take to make you seriously consider an RV?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My wife wants to take road trips with our three kids. I hate the act of traveling. I like being at my destination. We've compromised and we're going to rent an RV this summer, because I can take a xanax and just **** off in the back while she drives.

I started looking at costs and it seems like it might be more cost effective to buy a fifth wheel or travel trailer. I know I'm not supposed to ride while they're being hauled but whatever.

Anyone here have an RV or travel trailer?

Ubiquitin and ramotadab like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

All these rich boomers in my neighborhood have these greyhound bus sized expanding houses on wheels... but I never see them move -- I wonder sometimes if they're just 21st century granny flats.

3. KingCheetah

Oh to answer your question Casitas are really nice.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

From OP's thoughts of buying a helicopter and now into RV...

Has crypto winter arrived????

Next topic: Have you considered a second job...at McDonalds?

Sajan, Deckard, Squirtle and 4 others like this.
  5. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I would like one, but we kind of enjoy camping in tents. Once we get a little older, might get one.

Do you have the vehicle to tow a 5th wheel? We'd end up getting a smaller sized bunkhouse if we did get one.

6. Xerobull

I got roped into an Amway pitch meeting when I was 19 or so, and the guy hawking the pyramid was this retired doctor. He equated Amway success levels to being able to afford RVs of different caliber. That was his brass ring- a huge bus that he drove once a year. That's what I thought of every time I saw some old fart with one in their driveway until the last year.

Lol. No winter at my casa. Helicopters don't really suit my needs now.

I have nasty allergies and my memories of sleeping outside were really just memories of not sleeping, in the heat and humidity, while I couldn't breathe through my nose. I can hike and do **** outside all day, but I need AC to sleep. That's my cross to bear.

If it were a 5th wheel, I would need to upgrade vehicles. My wife wants a new vehicle anyway so it fits.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It needs to have a modern communications and navigation center with assorted machine guns, flame throwers, rocket launchers, and armor necessary for a road trip through Czechoslovakia the Czech Republic.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

money laundering all day, fam.

KingCheetah, Xerobull and Squirtle like this.
  10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Diamond hands is downsizing.

KingCheetah, Xerobull and DOMINATOR like this.
  11. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Nah, never had the desire to get one. I do hate the act of traveling too. Just teleport me to my destination , damnit.

Xerobull likes this.
  12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Cool af and even more practical:

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang and Xerobull like this.
  13. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

I've looked at them for past 3-4 years. The Huge RV tour bus style would be cool, but I don't find it practical for what I would use it for. The Class C seemed great for a weekend adventure or get away which has its plus and minus with having to Find Parking easily access a store. Thou Camping at Walmart could have its moments. At this point Im settling more for a Bunk House style so the kids can have a friend along and they have there own space. The outdoor kitchen options are nice with a TV and Ice Maker. My wife doesnt like to camp and it would mostly be used for travel ball.

It amazed how many people ran out and purchased them the past two years. I have co workers who bought older Airstreams and had them completely redone same with bigger RV. My dad has bought 3 over the past 3-4 years as the first wasn't big enough, the Big enough 5th Wheel was just too Big and the one he bought to downsize he just got bored with it. He did travel across a good chunk of the US and stayed in Parks and RV parks along the way. He said they had amazing amenities and people would spend a few days to a week before moving on to there next destination.

I would hate to purchase one where I use it the first 3 months and then it slowly rots in the Drive way. I figure I will see how my sons baseball develops as he will be entering high school in another year and if he stays on a Travel Team it will make it worth considering. Thou Hotels with Amenities are more comfortable and less work.

Deckard and Xerobull like this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I would not feel comfortable driving that at highway speeds though.

Deckard likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've always wanted to buy something like a Sprinter van conversion and convert it to take road trips with it. Definitely not doing it now, but it's still in the back of my mind. I sure as heck don't want one of those Greyhound buses that @KingCheetah mentioned. I'd probably take 1-2 trips every year or every other year, so then I"d be stuck with finding a place to park it or pay to put it in storage in the meantime and maintaining it. I'd rank it up there with the saying about boats : the 2 happiest days you'll have with a boat are when you buy it and when you sell it.

16. KingCheetah

I've always wanted a Honda Element camper for short adventures.

Xerobull likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

18. Xerobull

****ing awesome.

I told my wife if we got a POS I would get Cousin Eddie airbrushed on the side.

19. KingCheetah

20. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Gotta go with the classic, an '86 Fleetwood Bounder

[​IMG]

No idea honestly, but some of these RVs are ridiculous. Perhaps working remotely and touring the country down the road.

Sajan likes this.