1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will it take to make you seriously consider an EV?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jiggyfly, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

in houses or cars?

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

November 17th is my new repair date. The parts are allegedly in stock now

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

https://www.caranddriver.com/lucid-motors/air

Range, Charging, and Battery Life
    The Air has the longest range of any electric vehicle currently on the market, according to EPA estimates. The Dream Edition Range model should go for 520 miles on a single charge, while the Dream Edition Performance should travel about 471 miles. The base model has an estimated driving range of 406 miles, matching the Touring model. The Air features a 112.0-kWh battery pack and DC fast-charging capability. Plugged into the latter, the sedan is said to be able to recoup 300 miles of range in 20 minutes. New owners will also enjoy three years of complimentary (read: free) fast-charging at Electrify America charging stations. There's no cap on how many times owners can charge their cars, as long as it's used for personal and not commercial purposes.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a37852273/2022-lucid-air-dream-edition-drive

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021...m_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article&yptr=yahoo

Key Points

• The EV maker's luxury sedan is winning glowing reviews.
    • Expect crucial updates about Lucid's production numbers and growth plans next week.

What happened
    Electric vehicle (EV) stocks have been all over the news in recent weeks, but Lucid Group (NASDAQ:LCID) stumped everyone with the kind of attention it received: Its shares surged a whopping 45.7% October, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence, with all of those gains coming in just the last week of October. For those who thought the stock was hyped and primed to reverse course, Lucid is up another 13% so far in November.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sounds like the a Taycan crossed with an EQS at half the price is what I need. lol. Seriously, though, I'm not touching any of these vehicles for at least a couple of years. The EQC has already had a few recalls -- including electrical. Not touchin' it. The headlights on the Lucid look like they'd cost half-a-normal-car to replace/repair and are proprietary.

I liked the Out of Spec Reviews guy, though. He seemed to be a geek who appreciated the driving feel, exterior and interior looks, etc. of a car as well as the tech. I'm surprised how both of the guys thought the Lucid handled so well. I wasn't expecting that. Must be the battery packs holding it down. lol. Can't wait for more long-term reviews to come out.

Sajan and jiggyfly like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah, I think this is my favorite EV they got that sweet spot with the pricing IMO and looks better than most EV especially on the interior it's like a cross between a Tesla and a Mercedes.

I think the EQ is butt ugly but I like the interior and I like the top model Telsa but hate their interiors.

I agree about waiting to see how things shake out with a brand new car company but I like what I see.

More competition means EV's should start coming down when I will be in the market for one.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Which one? The Lucid? Man, your sweet spot for price is way higher than mine. :D The base model Lucid Pure doesn't even have a sunroof/moonroof, and I don't see that or a glass canopy as even an option, but it costs $77k (not including tax credits). It also doesn't have the range, multiple motors, or AWD of the upper trim levels, or that crazy sound system I want to see reviewed, but those are going to run you into 6-figures. I still dig it as a cruiser even though there's still something goofy about the front fascia I don't like. On the other hand, it does have an old school lead sled/chopped look to it. lol.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

When I said sweet spot I was talking about looks both exterior and interior I think I have become numb to the prices that's why I said in a couple of years but I think all things considered it's reasonable for what you get with an EV.

I really like the E-Tron GT EV but those are very pricy for similar specs.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Love how it's parked next to the "Recall Gavin Newsome" Vette. LOL.

B-Bob, Buck Turgidson and Sajan like this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Got an EV (not Tesla because **** that guy) over the summer.

Will never go back to ICE

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Both.

DD

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What did you get?

15. Buck Turgidson

Segway

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

motortrend vid looked like an advertisement

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You're just gonna leave us hanging? If not a Tessie then what?

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Whatever was in stock near me of the Niro, Kona or Id.4 - basically to drive kids to school/soccer etc

The Niro was the only one they had and I didn't feel like waiting.

It's fine. 300 mile range, most of my trips are 15-20 miles at most, drip charge at nights 1 or 2x a week.

Cheap too. Like 300 a month to lease.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

The 500 mile one starts at $139k, not including options. The range is not achieved by some new tech, just stuff more batteries in, more expensive, higher range. Very few people are going to be buying this.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

same. can't believe I waited until this year.
    on trickle charge: much better for battery apparently.