1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will it realistically take for the Rockets to rid themselves of Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok so why did KD take a paycut then? Does he hate money? You make no sense, you are defending Anderson for being overpaid but then you say somebody will turn down money for no reason. If the GSW owner was willing to pay anything then KD wouldn't take a discount, why will he turn down free money? You are just deluding yourself.

Kd, Curry dont play good every game but they play great most of the time thats why their averages are great. Anderson is averaging 10 pts on just 37% fg from 3! The Rockets are paying him almost 2M per pt he scores per game wtf.

Obviously player impact isnt just based on stats are you implying Anderson is some sort of No Stats Allstar? Everybody knows he is a liability on defense and on the boards, he is a mental midget so he is not a leader on this team either. His only role is to shoot open 3s and he is not even doing that.

Are you saying Anderson's role is just to score 10 pts a night? Morey was expecting him to score just 10pts a night on average efficiency (37% is average) when he paid him 18M a year?

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

No you are not paranoid, these people just cant understand concepts like the salary and assets and liabilities.

They think other teams are dumb and would take Anderson off our hands for low first rounder and Troy Williams. They think everybody fits under the cap, the owner will pay anyway blah blah blah.

The reality is I would be totally surprised if Anderson is traded before the last year of his deal. We are looking at the very real possibility of either Clint or Cp3 and Green and Luc leaving us for nothing. Adding Lebron is just a dream we cant even afford to keep our guys.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

He was hot because of matchups. In the playoffs Andersion will meet athletic or tall PFs over and over like LMA, Kat and Melo. These guys are his bane he can't do ****.

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

The owner didn't ask KD to take a paycut, he did it of his own thinking. Not because of the luxury tax.

A players salary is irrelevant, nearly everyone in the NBA is overpaid.....

Anderson's ppg is down because he is getting less shot attempts than last season and the season before. teams are also covering him better.

i can see that you just go by personal stat numbers

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

like i posted to someone else.....

Anderson is doing exactly what he was doing at the New Orleans. Yes his ppg is down from then, but also his shot attempts are as well, but also this team has far more options than any team Anderson has been on. Anderson is the 5th option in our starting line up and 5th options don't get high FGA's, also when you factor in Chris Paul who is also more of an offensive threat than Beverley, then it is obvious that Anderson's FGA's are going to go down and so is his PPG

7. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

A Brock Osweiler like deal.

8. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Durant took a paycut so they could overpay Iguodala. He was asking for too much, owners were ready to let him walk and Durant said to just take it out of his pay to give to Iguodala. I think Durant even tweeted to this effect afterwards.

(In fairness, Iguodala's overpayment now is makeup pay for when he was somewhat underpaid during his first years with the Warriors.)

roslolian likes this.
  9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he is still making a good sum of money and was on a decent contract when traded to the Warriors. Made $133,498,733 in his career......wish i had just one percent of that

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

The owner didnt ask him to take a paycut but if KD didnt take a discount Iggy would leave. Clearly the owner wouldn't pay Iggy enough to make him stay so yoir statement that the owner would pay the tax no matter how high is just false.

A player's salary is irrelevant?????? This is why you think Anderson is good. I'm not saying Anderson is overpaid just to spite him the reality is he is one of the worst contracts in the league.

Anderson is already playing with 2 of the best players in the league in Harden and Cp3. How come being the 5th option didn't prevent him from scoring 18 pts a game early in the season when Cp3 was feeding him? Now his scoring dipped and suddenly he was the 5th option? Gimme a break, this offense was designed to have as many offensive options as possible. The only reason Anderson's attempts are down is because he is a passive AF mental midget and he stops shooting when he misses a couple of shots.

I don't just go by personal stat numbers bit Anderson offers nothing except his shooting. He is a liability at every thing else. He is neither a good playmaker or defender he is just a waste of space if je isn't shooting and scoring.

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i don't think Iggy leaving would have mattered much, especially with their starting 5. Look at tonight's game, Paul can't get Anderson open like Harden can. Teams have really been closing out on him tightly. I never said Anderson is good, but he is important to how we want to play, important to open up the court for Harden. Yes he is the 5th option, you only have to look at the FGA's and the addition of Chris Paul who is in the pecking order ahead of Anderson. Harden's FGA's go up....that means someone's has to go down right....Paul has to get his attempts, that means someone has to lose some right.................i thought you could have worked it out for yourself

12. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

I know it's a bit early for this but the idea came to me while playing with the ESPN's NBA Trade Machine. While we all should be relishing the fact the Rockets are 1-1 against the Warriors in the WCF, I for one would like the Rockets to secure their future for repeat appearances to the WCF and Finals.

Road Ryno hasn't shown up in the playoffs (yet, one can hope!) and he has been getting no real PT because of his lack of defense and bricking shots he should make. This can be excused as not finding his rhythm or lack of confidence. Trying to get rid of his contract for cap space for PG13 seems unlikely as what rebuilding team with no clear direction would want his contract? Plus they could use their cap space for more cost effective and/or better players. Trading for LBJ or Klaw is improbable for a multitude of reasons that I don't want to rehash. The Rockets proved they don't NEED LBJ to beat the Warriors.

His contract is bad...but NOT untradeable. Different teams would value Ryno's court value differently depending on team personnel. IMO, the Rockets should be looking for teams who have some good shooters and could use Ryno's services like the Rockets did...in the regular season before his injury. My top choice would be the Suns.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybrsn2y7
    Rockets: T.Chandler, M.Chriss
    Suns: R.Anderson, 2020 1st Round Pick, 2021 2nd Round Pick

The Suns just got the #1 pick in the draft and, IMO, will draft either DeAndre Ayton or Luka Doncic. Ayton is the better prospect so that's who I think they want. The problem is the Suns have a logjam of big men in Chandler, Chriss, Len, Williams, and Bender. They could let Len walk but the others are under contract for 2 years after this season except Chandler who will be expiring.

Plus Booker wants to start making a push for the playoffs each year forward and their current personnel just won the 1st pick of the draft. So the Suns definitely need to shakeup their roster.
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ker-says-hes-done-missing-playoffs/508850002/
    So we help the Suns by giving them Space Gawd Ryno which will give Booker and others more space to operate and clear up their logjam of big men. Ayton would get all the minutes he can handle since Chandler is not part of the Suns future and Chriss may need a change of scenery to fully blossom. Throw in a 1st Round Pick...or 2 if they must...a 2nd Round Pick, and/or a third team involved to minimize the loss of Rockets assets.
    C: Ayton, Williams
    PF: Anderson, Bender
    SF: Jackson, Warren
    SG: Booker
    PG: Payton, Knight

The Rockets would gain the 48 minute threat of PnR lob threats and rim protection, an expiring contract, and take a gamble on a talented but emotional player who has yet to live up to his potential growth as a player. Chriss could be the PF the Rockets need.
    C: Capela, Chandler, Nene
    PF: Tucker, Chriss, Qi
    SF: Ariza, LMaM, Green
    SG: Harden, Gordon
    PG: Paul

Rockets look for a cheap vet emergency ball handler and the Rockets would be set for next year to make another run.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's not a bad trade at all, if the Suns would do it. Chandler's on the books for $13M next season, then he'd be gone. Chris is a decent enough project to warrant the remaining couple of years on his rookie deal.

And we'd be out from under the crushing boulder that is Ryno's contract.

Bearius Jones likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Let's see how this series ends before making these statements, but even if we win, if there's a chance to make the team better by adding Lebron (or George etc) why in the hell we shouldn't? You're always looking to get better, and even if you win you make everything you can to win again, i'm pretty sure Morey thinks the same.

Nobody wants Ryan Anderson.

Nobody wanted him last season after he was at least playing, teams were looking for two 1st rounder to eat his contract. Why would someone want him now when he's not even playing? Sure, he has one year less on his contract, but that's not enough to make him some sort of positive or even neutral value in a trade, he has negative value in any scenario at this point, unless we talk about a sign & trade with a team starting a full rebuild (which might actually be Cleveland).

The Suns have Bender which hasn't been exactly great so far, but he's still very young with some potential, can already shoot well, they already resigned Warren which is a 3/4...there's really no reason for them to take Ryan unless you send them a couple of first rounders just to eat his contract.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

He won’t be moved just to be moved. Only if we are needing to get another major piece will they give up the good to move him(Lebron, PG13 etc...)

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

they will look to move him because since losing his starting spot, and then his place in the rotation, he's probably asked for a trade. easier said than done, but he probably wants the rockets to try.

the rockets will need some of his money to go to larger contracts for capela, ariza, green, LMM.

i like the idea of ryno and 2020 FRP for chandler. we're not getting criss in that deal lol. i also like the kings as a landing spot for him. he's from there and they offered him the same deal we did but he chose us.

17. macan

macan Member

i doubt we'll see ryno beyond this season

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Realistically you look at if the rockets would of signed Niclous batum, he averages 11.2 and 5.5 rebounds @ his 22 mil compared to Ryan 9.3 5.2 rebs hes acutally on par for tanking after getting paid, this **** always happens. So whats the point, he gets starter mins in the season, and when it really counts hes white and needs to sit.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Ryan Anderson the player is wanted, but at the price tag no. If he somehow agrees to a re structured contract negotiation after being traded then maybe. He would of been perfect for what he produces on a worse team, i mean admit, they guy has a sharp shooter eye, he can knock down 3's like curry if hes on point, that production warrants high rewards, He would of easily got 15 million from some of team at most to be there goto 2nd guy to average like 18 points a game. Nets, suns, whoever was a bottom 15 team and had the money.

Once you goto a winning team, you become a over paid role player, hes just like Iggy in the since hes giving up his production numbers to be there when somebody got to make a big shot if the team cold in crucial mins, but if he does not get any PT how is he really gonna contribute anyways???

Ryan anderson is a good player. Good role player on a great team, not a bad starter.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Im sure we are all getting ahead of the point...but if the Rockets and Cavs bow out...and Lebron took time, and believed that Houston would be the right spot, Morey is gonna move earth and heaven to make it happen. Anderson is GONE...regardless. Daryl Morey is the best GM we could ever dream of and he would find creative ways to make it all happen.

You always go for the best player in the game if there is a chance. Lebron makes the Rockets a title favorite every year. Period. The window might be 3 years...but 3 years is a damn good window to have. Oh and you ALWAYS attract cheap free agents when you have superstars!!!