1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Will Comcast Do Now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htownballer38, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

A lot of people in the city don't care about the rockets. Even when we had tmac and yao our ratings weren't good.

2. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Well we will be on national TV a lot more now.

3. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Not really, a lot = 20 or so out of 82.

4. StevieCrossover

Comcast will now negotiate for a higher asking price. Give in or get blocked out!

5. cml750

cml750 Member

I do not think the addition of DH to the Rockets will make the providers give in to Comcast / Jim Crane / Les ridiculous demands. It will take Jim Crane fielding more than a minor league baseball team to make thing happen. When all the Rockets and Astros fans start calling things could happen. If we make through baseball season without a deal then there is no way it will happen before basketball season because Jim Crane has controlling majority in the deal and he could care less if Rockets fans get to watch them.

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

I don't think they'll ask for a higher price...I think it's more likely the providers can move up a bit and meet them somewhere close to what CSN was asking for initially.

7. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Member

I think the opposite would be true. More national games means more buzz about the team. More buzz should create more viewers and give Comcast more leverage.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Appreciate the info pimpn. good looking out.

9. -Rockets

-Rockets Member

Going to Austin for school, if I order comcast will I have access to CSN Houston?

10. Homey the Clown

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I'd say 20 or so games is about right for this Rockets team.

12. texanskan

texanskan Member

Well considering the Dynamo still don't have city wide attention when they make their run and the Astros are out of sight out of mind. My guess is we are looking at the week before the regular season for things to start moving.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

My guess is those without Comcast still won't be able to watch and you're left to online streams or switching over to Comcast.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

And then there's people like me that don't care about the people that don't have Comcast. I have it and plenty of bars I like, like Cottonwood, have it, so I'm content. Y'alls plight means nothing to me (sorry).

15. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Well, even if they don't come to an agreement with other cable providers, at least on the bright side we should have a lot more nationally televised games now

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

LOL I dont care if you care or not. I do have Comcast at home sir, I sometimes go to the local bars when I am home and I go to plenty of games as well. Its just when I am working up near South Texas and still cant catch the games against the Spurs or Dallas or when the are on NBA TV.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm going to jump ship to Comcast if Uverse isn't carrying it by the time season starts. Sorry fellas, but I can't hold out anymore.

18. Harden13

Harden13 Member

We shove money in Les's pocket and fund a stadium his team and then he turn's around and rapes us. Funny how that works.:mad:

19. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

I would too, except the subdivision of townhomes I live in does not have Comcast as an option (its Uverse or satellite only). I wonder how many others in Houston don't even have the option.