1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What were you doing when....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phi slam jam, Jul 30, 2008.

1. phi slam jam

phi slam jam Member

I really love this game and these moments are part of the reason. I thought about past great trades and what I was doing at that time when I first heard about it. Im 27 so I only go back so far.

1. Drexler - my english teacher announced it to the class
    2. Barkley - my dad yelling to me while on the crapper, no joke
    3. Francis (im counting this) - watching espn, wasnt that excited but happy to move up.
    4. Winning first pick for Yao - watching the draft and shat my pants.
    5. Tmac - eating at Cheesecake factory and flung and broke a glass when i first heard the rumor.
    6. Artest - eating at Sushi King and in remembrance of tmac, broke a glass.

I dont remember the Pippen deal, its weird. Did he play for us?

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I don't remember the first 2 but #3 I was at the mall and i read it on this forum through my iphone...#4..i was in the 7th grade I believe and T-Mac was at the house chillin'. I was like "wtf! no not stevie and cat!" lol and the Artest trade, well I was at the park playing basketball when this guy got a text that we got him. I was stoked! :D

3. FariyadTheKing

i was racing my electric cars and got a text message and almost got ran over trying to grab my car off the street to go inside to come straight to clutchfans

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I think the Barkley trade happened on a Sunday because I was watching NBC football halftime and Hannah Storm announced that trade. I was at a friends house, and the tv was on when we passed by it. It was graet.

5. csux

csux Rookie

I was stopped by a train, and so I wonder might as well check my phone for the news. I hit clutch fans bbs. and Holy **** the first word popped in front my tiny display is "Artest" and the word closed followed next is "Houston" or was it "Rockets". I was so estatic. I mean the train was meant to be there for me to stop and receiving this great news. I will forever remember that moment.

6. BleedsRocketRed

No, never has, never signed with us, never was traded, never even existed in a Rockets uniform...

NevAR!

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

The iPhone came out in 2007.

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You had an iphone when we made the Francis trade? That was like 1999.

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm from the future....but in all seriousness I thought he meant LAST summer when we got him back. Sorry.

10. RAYRAY

RAYRAY Member

LMAO...

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

He probably meant the second time we got him

12. AXG

AXG Member

I dont remember the Pippen deal, its weird. Did he play for us?[/QUOTE]
    1. Don't remember
    2. At my old house eating dinner and watching the news
    3. Saw it on ESPN at my dad's house
    4. I was at my dad's house when the Rockets won #1 pick, and at basketball practice when Yao was actually picked
    5. Home, I was actually upset about this deal at the time
    6. Playing games online when I heard Rockets news about Artest and started hollering

13. ThaShark316_28

1. Drexler - It was around 7 or 8 pm...and i heard the news on 97.9 the box.

2. Barkley - ESPN's 28/58 update at the bottom on the screen

3. Francis (im counting this) - dont really remember...just remember reading the paper the next day and seeing who we gave up

4. Winning first pick for Yao - I walked outside celebrating

5. Tmac - 1st heard the rumor i was at home, turned to ESPNEWS and there it was "t-mac to houston?" and all the damn Orl. sentinel articles about mac wanting to come here or indy....and all the people saying it WONT happen...(who remembers the bobcats expansion draft, that said if they took Mobley, it would mess up the deal? haha...anyway ...the deal finally did happen, read the official article on MSNBC.com

6. Artest - I was sitting here at my PC...and one of my online yahoo buddies, who is a kings fan...sent me a pm...saying we got artest...i was just in shock....then i came here...and realized that the announcement happened like...10 mins before i got the PM...lol

This is a great idea....good thread OP.

14. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Just had to mention you have an Iphone huh?

15. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Today my girlfriend and I were watching a show about the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. I was logging in to the BBS just thinking it was just going to be the same old trade Tmac/Yao is soft stuff, and saw the artest thread. I said outloud OhMY GOD. and my gf thinking I was talking about the show says "yeah i know its terrible". And I said, "NO....Well YEH....but the Rockets just traded for Ron Artest." Needless to say she was not as excited as I was.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Its significant to how I heard about the resigning. If I take it out, how else will I have heard about this at the mall? :D

17. Jbueno08

Jbueno08 Member

1) i was way too young.

2) i was 7 years old and was extremely sad that we traded my favorite play sam i am :(

3) Had no idea but all my older friends were excited so i was also.

4) I was in Chicago and was ecstatic after that dismal season.

5) In Virginia after my cousin was happy that we took yao and they got jay williams.

6) I couldn't believe since he was my favorite player and still is. At first I was doubtful then it was announced on espn and i jumped like a little kid on a moonbounce

7) My friend calls me and i couldn't believe it so i ran upstairs and immediately went to clutchfans and then immediately jumped around like a little boy... again.

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

1. Drexler - I was at Daddy O's in Cancun.

2. Francis - The Q sportsbar in Santa Monica.

3. Yao Ming lottery - Omni hotel in Austin.

Don't remember where is was for Barkley, i just know i was pissed.

4. Artest - On the BBS reading the AI to Houston thread.

19. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

1.too young

2.dont remember

3.i was wathcing espn also

4.watching draft

5 freind tod me

6.masturbating then i even got more happier/

20. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

heh i like these kinda posts ...

i was playing pick up ball and when i got home i had 2 aim messages that said "ARTEST!" and when i got to clutchfans' main page i was like "where's the pic of artest in a rockets uniform!?" then i checked all the sites for credibility and haven't stopped being delirious since ...

man we're so stacked! im excited ... :D