1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What went wrong with TJones?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaosDirtyStache, Dec 2, 2015.

1. YaosDirtyStache

Im honestly curious.

Some nights out of the season he looks like a top 10 PF in the league. He can handle and pass like Odom, some nights he becomes Rodman and yoinks 20 rebounds, and other nights he is lights out shooter and saves our ass in games.

But his defense is always garbage. The other teams PFs salivate when they see him on them.

Why couldnt he put it together? At this rate he is my current worst player on the team (even more than Lawson.)

Is it mental? If he put it together he would be scary but damn...he makes me miss Kenny Thomas.

2. omgTHEpotential

He's 23. He can still become a hall of famer.

3. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

tweeners gonna tween

4. DMO (DJ remix)

Mental weaknesses and bad rabbit, moreso of the latter then anything else, have you seen him show a team mate to go to the side with his hand when his dribbling FOR NO EFFIN REASON, it's like his making that signature move with his instincts rather then...he needs to remake his shot because his mechanics are just awful, he needs to remake his whole game and whole brain.

5. DMO (DJ remix)

Lol typo, habit not rabbit lmfo.

6. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

He has bad rabbits too. Dude is so slow to get up he makes average defenders look like Dikembe.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Prep league pampered star.

This is what happens to players that are tremendous athletes all through school, they never learn fundamentals or solid skills and coast....until they get to the Pros.

He's a jack of some trades and will never be a master of any.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm not surprised. The Rockets have acquired this same exact non-rebounding PF every day for the past 1,000 days. Do not blame Morey, it predates Morey.

You can call him 2Pat, Mo Taylor, a Morris twin, Kenny Thomas, Carl Landry, I don't care. It's always the same player. Sure this new version may get a weakside block once in a blue moon but the end result is the same.

9. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Too many injuries. Being in and out would mess with his form.
    I'm hoping for his and our sake he remains injury free and gets some consistency.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like everyone else on the Rockets outside of Harden, he is playing in a broken system which makes his flaws highly visible, as opposed to his strengths... Like many young players, he MUST improve his defense If he ever wants to play.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bullked up too much and can't get off the floor to finish in the paint anymore

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

How I have screamed myself hoarse (and probably made the neighbors wonder if they should call the cops, wondering if the man next door is beating his wife or something) at this team not being able to make a simple, g**-damned, m*****f***ing, learn-it-early, repeat-it-until-it's-second-nature, but-never-take-it-for-granted LAYUP.

And Terrence Jones is one of the main culprits. Well, he and Brewer.

Out of position on defense. Out of position on offense.

Until a few weeks ago, TJones' head coach in the NBA has been Kevin McHale. I don't know what work McHale did or didn't do with these guys. But TJones plays as if he never received some fundamental coaching...or the instruction simply never sunk in. Not to mention he has been square-pegged, round-holed (so to speak) in Morey's system.

Maybe that really is the only coaching these guys have received. "More 3's. More layups. Space the floor for James Harden. Rinse. Cycle. Repeat."

Terrence Jones is a decent 24 mpg backup power forward. He might play better elsewhere. Most former Rockets players do.

13. rocketseagles07

First of all tj lacks strength. Regardless of his IQ, the team, etc. he is too soft in the paint to be successful against guys like blake, z-bo, etc.

14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

atleast they can an average jump shot compared to him

15. underrated015

underrated015 Member

fixed

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

On should expect more from the top pick of his draft and the number one option in the offense.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He is garbage and a mental midget when playing against guys that are slightly bigger.

18. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

He's soft as wet tissue paper and this will never change. Doesn't play big, double pumpls at the rim, rarely goes strong to bucket and below average bball IQ. Takes bad shots, even though he's the leading 3 point shooter % wise on the team..

19. alethios

alethios Member

waiting for basketballholic to chime in in 3...2...1...

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Tjones looks the part, athletic and fluid. But what always amazes me is how POOR he is at finishing around the basket when you consider his athleticism.

He is a rotation big and nothing more much like Carl Landry.