1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what we need now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bingfei236, Feb 12, 2008.

1. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

yes, we are rolling now. but one thing still worry me.

not the PG problem, you can't get the perfect team unless all-star game.

It is who is the leader of this rox team bother me.

we all know since yao lead the team play so well after T-mac's injury. and yao has been most consistent player in this team. even charls barkley pointed out this is yao's team! but is this rox really yao's team?

of course when we are winning , both TMAC AND YAO don't care about who is leader, but when come down to the playoff time, teams have to decide who should take the most of shots. Balance scores show our team is deep, but history show us star carry team to the success. to me, rox from players, coach, or management are avoiding to talk who is leader of the team.

This team has disappointed us for so long time, all because we believed yao and tmac combo can lead us to the top. but it doesn't work. personally, i love tmac's talent, but his weak, lazy injuries make him not old tmac anymore.
    we're so unlucky, when tmac is on the top, yao is still develping, now, yao is on the top , tmac .... plus his salary......
    anyway he's still a good player, but tmac should, coach should, team should point out , even yao should speak out " now, this rox is yao's team" and Tmac should not disappoint, because it will lead him to first playoff-seris win and plus he will still get his shots when game is on the line.

i know it may shake out chemistry a little bit, but it is necessary!

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Isn't this already being discussed in other threads? Isn't T-Mac deferring to Yao, and to the rest of the team? Hasn't he shown that he's willing to be part of the system? Like it or not, T-Mac is going to be a BIG part of the team's success, there's no way around it. However, he's showing that he's fine with lower stats if it means more W's. Everyone knows Yao is the man, so can we please give this topic the rest it so sorely needs?