1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What was your favorite Rocket game this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMo04, Jul 3, 2003.

1. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

Best game of the year was the Lakers game hands down.

My fav game in the past couple of years? I'd have to pick that double (or triple?) over time vs. Indiana. That's the one where Steve fouled out in overtime and Moochie took the game over. It seems like only yesterday when we actually enjoyed watching the guy play...

2. SLA

SLA Member

I was there too!!!!! Awesome game! Great comeback in the third quarter!.....and I talked to Matt Maloney.
    Well...my favorite of course is the Lakers game...
    I also liked Yao swishing a 3 at the end of the game for all of the fans in Golden State!
    And...us killing the Suns mainly because Marbury ran into Cato's shoulder in the first quarter.
    And us BEATING THE UTAH JAZZ by 30 points in Salt Lake City....
    And us blowing out the Kings at home...
    And the great game in Miami....Steve Francis saved the day.
    And the game against Memphis....where Steve Francis didn't play and Moochie had 8 assists!
    And the 30 point 18 rebound game against the Mavs.

What I did not like was getting swept by the Mavs and losing each game by an average of 18 points...and being swept by the boring and ugly Detroit Pistons. Also....I didn't like the referees that much.

3. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

2 games stand out.

I went to the Clippers-Houston game (the second time LA came in) and that was the game where Andre Miller leaned over the FT line on a make that would have won it for LA, then he missed the second FT. Just earlier Francis and Rice hit two big threes to bring the Rockets back. Then the Rockets won in OT.

Also the the first time the Kings came in with Webber, Rockets won it 103-96, anyone remember Yao's one handed swipe pass to steve in the corner? he deflected it with one hand. Truly amazing.

4. Just B

Just B Member

Lakers game no doubt! I was at school the next day throwing it in every Kobe fan's face that Steve flat-out killed Kobe that night!

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would put this up for play of the year.
    For a brief moment, it was like we had discovered a 7'5" Larry Bird. Amazing is not too strong a word.

6. SLA

SLA Member

That was AWESOME!!!! Just great......does anyone have a clip of it to download?

7. BigMo04

BigMo04 Member

Do you all think the Laker-Rocket game is a top 5 NBA game of the year. I think it is.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

One of those games was in Houston and on TNT. We were up at halftime and Stevie was interviewed on the way to the locker room. He was talking like the game was over. :mad: "We're not going to get pushed around in our house" etc.

Then the mavs came out and proceeded to b****-slap us into submission in the 2nd half. They were toying with us in the 4th quarter.

Oops, this is supposed to be a positive thread...

Great 1st half!!

9. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

I liked the Rockets-Clippers game when Dre miller (nick anderson II) blew the 2 free throw at the end and we won in OT.

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

The Laker game was probably the best, but I really enjoyed their 83-72 win in Seattle last year.

That was an incredible game. Down 46-36 at halftime, the Rockets simply took over with amazing defense.

Here's my giddy recap.

11. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

The Laker game was the best last season.

But, in the last 3 years, the best game was a TRIPPLE OVER-TIME Game vs the Indiana Pacers.

Moochie scored 28 points. :eek:
    Talyor scored 27 points :eek:
    Mobley scored 27 points :eek:

Francis had 11 assists, 2 TO and 16 points! :eek: :eek: (He fouled out of that game, which seemed ominous at the time)

Here's the recap:
    http://www.clutchcity.net/game.cfm?gameID=147

#31 DavidS, Jul 4, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2003
  12. OrangeCountyCA

The Lakers vs. Ros (aka Shaq Vs. Yao I) was my favorite also. But the most exciting part of that game was not the 4 blocks of Yao or the game winning pass and dunk in OT. But the best part of that game IMO was the three pointer that Stevie made to send the game to over time. I recall watching the game in my house and I thought the rockets were going to lose and then Stevie hit that 3 and I was jumping up and down for like 5 minutes.

WHEW, that was a lot of typing. Oh boy, how much I hate the off-season:( .

13. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

How about two years ago the triple overtime game against the Pacers?!

Oops didn't notice someone had already posted it...:mad: