1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What to do in Destin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by asianballa23, Aug 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

Besides hanging out at the beautiful beach?

Anything or anywhere family friendly there? I don't mind drive to nearby city/town...

2. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Member

Everything in Destin is family friendly. That's the whole purpose of the city. Just drive down the main road in either direction and you will see tons of stuff.

3. torque

torque Member
    Supporting Member

Yep - as stated above, drive down the main road and stop wherever catches your eye. Mini golf, go karts, restaurants, roller coasters, etc etc etc all that "family" stuff is on one main drag.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why would you want to do anything else? Lol

I'd love to live in a beach town (not Galveston), i'd be a beach bum all day. I'm getting tired of Houston, I want to go out and enjoy life without having to pay to do some activity or get burned to a crisp under 105 degree sun.

5. Blake

Blake Member

This. There are tons of things to do designed for tourist families there and all are on the main drag as you drive into town. Some places also have fireworks at night (believe on Sundays at one spot and Tuesdays at another)

Spent a week there in July. One piece of advice, do NOT try the BBQ at Lizzy's. Had good reviews on yelp (by Texans, no less) and they had the worst ribs I have ever tasted in my life...like zero seasoning.

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

That's like if I was going to Vegas and asked if their are any strip clubs.

7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Check out Seaside - its the town used in The Truman Show - its only 25 miles away.

DEFINITELY take a trip to Pensacola (47miles away) for a day.

Check out the National Aviation Museum. Its free and very very cool. Your kids will LOVE it. Trust me on this! Again - ITS FREE

http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org

[​IMG]

There's also a very cool "haunted" lighthouse right by it that you can climb to the top.

[​IMG]

and of course the old fort Pickens

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Dubious

Dubious Member

You could be a Carny and live off tourist money, like run a miniature golf course, or a Tilt-A-Whirl.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The best best spot is fishing at dark in front of that peninsula across from AJ's.You want to this at night becuase during daylight it becomes a boat show.. Bring a net, lamps,fish pole and some folding chairs. Kids can see and catch those small fish with the pole net. Thats the best thing to do in Destin and best kept secret.Youll enjoy the music and lights from AJ's. Unfortunately, I have to park by some yacht dock and florida cops are always waiting for me when Im done.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

THIS!

Fort Pickens and the white sandy beaches makes Pensacola one of my favorite places to visit.

11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

in case it rains....

12. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

If you have kids what do you do at Ft. Pickens?

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

Just take the tour and soak in the history.

14. Buck Turgidson

Speaking of Florida, do yall know anything about the Sarasota area? Tampa? I need the lowdown.