1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What the rotation should look like for new season.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EyeAmCommi, Jul 9, 2013.

1. EyeAmCommi

EyeAmCommi Member

I am the biggest Lin fan of all. I grew up 10 minutes from him and followed him through GS and through Linsanity. I watched every Rockets game by streaming online from here in Connecticut. I saw the 6th man thread and this is a follow up to that. This is how I think the rotation should be played for a regular season line-up non-small-ball.

1st Quarter 12:00
    Bev
    Harden
    Parsons
    TJones/Dmo
    Howard

1st Quarter 8:00
    Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    TJones/Dmo
    Howard

1st Quarter 3:00
    Lin
    Garcia
    TJones
    Smith
    Asik

2nd Quarter 10:00
    Lin
    Garcia/Harden
    Parsons
    Smith
    Asik

2nd Quarter 7:00
    Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Smith
    Asik

2nd Quarter 4:00
    Bev
    Harden
    Parsons/Garcia
    TJones/Dmo
    Howard

Then the same rotation will be used in the 3rd quarter. Bev will start the 4th quarter but the 4th quarter subs will at...

4th Quarter 12:00

Bev
    Garcia
    Tjones
    Smith/Dmo
    Howard

4th Quarter 7:00

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    TJones/Dmo
    Howard/Asik

This gives Beverley 19 mins of PT and Lin about 31 mins. We've all seen how clutch Lin is and he needs to finish games. This sub/rotation would provide him ample opportunity to handle the rock and make plays for others and allow him lots of court time running pick n rolls with Howard. Asik may finish some games due to his clutch FT shooting in the playoffs.

Let me know what you guys think.