1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What the rockets should have done differently this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BeechSpicer, Feb 2, 2012.

1. BeechSpicer

BeechSpicer Member

This is not for the random trades, but for either personnel moves that you expected or hoped that the rockets would have done either preseason or earlier this season.

Mine- All the 09ers should have gotten serious burn, I'm talking about starting Thabeet at center, Jordan Hill at pf, Williams at sf, and keeping martin and Lowry. If you honestly believe these guys had all the chances to prove themselves in a rockets jersey then you are not being honest with yourself. If they all had gotten serious burn, Morey would have definitely known what he had in real game situations as opposed to declining all the options. What's the worst that could happen- they lose so much- they net you a first round pick. Or they play good, and you find out which ones are worth keeping

I would never have drafted both Parsons and Morris, now we have all these sf and no pt.

carry on

2 people like this.
  2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Stopped reading there.

3. BeechSpicer

BeechSpicer Member

You don't have to read it. You can make your own suggestions if you like. But starting Dalembert has achieved nothing but average mediocrity, so there you have it.

4. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I will carry on

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Why? It would have been a great way to tank!

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I would have been fine with "developing our young guys" (tanking), but there's no way in hell Thabeet would even sniff the starting five even on an all out tank team. He's a long shot from just being a serviceable back up big.

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

You just repeated what half the board said 3 months ago.

8. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

The OP is right

We would know which young playersd are actually good, plus he get a Top 5 pick

9. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I have to agree, and trading for Kaman will do nothing but continue that trend.

As we've all b****ed about since last season, it's time to hop off the fence and either set up a garage sale/start the rebuilding process or make a BIG move to acquire a game-changing piece and legitimately contend. We've been waiting on the latter to come to fruition for quite some time... doesn't seem likely, and Morey's most desirable "assets" continue to get older.

We can either continue to drown in mediocrity, or follow the Seattle/OKC blueprint and get this franchise back to title contention in 3-5 years.

True.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey! Listen to ****ing Red Auerbach over here!

11. BeechSpicer

BeechSpicer Member

Be nice mr. herrera. put up some valid points or shut up

more points
    never would have signed dalembert or jeff adrien, i don't care how much they are getting paid- they are affecting the development of the team

scola should have been the 6th man from the start of the season. too old to be running with the young guns

Would have traded and will still trade c.lee and lowry (Lowry's stock is not gonna get higher, its all downhill from here)

I would have definitely set goal plan from the start of the season. Maybe not make it public, but at least inform the players the direction the team is going

Fire Morey after this season if he brings back another mediocre/average season. and another low pick. Let him know he's on the hot seat

1 person likes this.
  12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

you're crazy. dalembert has been playing great. he's rebounding well, playing defense, and getting blocks, which is what we brought him in for. he's miles above any of our other "centers"

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

14. BeechSpicer

BeechSpicer Member

Dalembert is old, he's not in our plans past next season at the most. Dalembert is not a game changing player. Sure he might have a double double against some unsuspecting team, but there is a reason, we were the only team team to offer him a deal even after all the big men were gone.

However, Dalembert on the other hand is affecting the growth and playing time of our young players who have the potential to be in the rockets plan for the future.

15. BeechSpicer

BeechSpicer Member

should have been their goal from game one, now a lot of teams got a headstart

16. Carl Herrera

Yet another tanking thread. Real original.

17. BeechSpicer

BeechSpicer Member

put up or shut up clown

18. Carl Herrera

So ****ing happy rookies make great contribution to the board with fresh discussions. See, this is why we need new members. Folks who have been around longer don't have fresh ideas like tanking and playing the class of 2009 scrubs.

19. BeechSpicer

BeechSpicer Member

i saw your last thread "Stuff to Do with Cap Room if You Can't Land a Superstar"- pure garbage. I wouldn't even read it to my dog. Herrera just go away

20. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]