1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What the Rockets REALLY Need.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DwangBoy, Apr 2, 2007.

1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

All these threads about what we need skillwise, yadayada.. it's all BS..

We have the skills, this is what we really need....

as much as I hate the guy, we need someone with josh howard's attitude on our team. his overbearing confidence and cockiness..

too bad everyone on our team (most everyone) is a softy and practices too much humility on the court.

They should take a page from duncan and learn to do both.

I really wish T-mac would step up his role on this team to becoming a mental leader as well. People need an example to follow.. and if someone doesn't display the attitude of "we will win no matter what", we won't. JVG is a realist and this role will definitely not come from him.

This is what will bring us to the level of greatness. not perfecting our defense.. (although this is of immense help) that will only go so far.. in the end.. great players who come through on the offensive end are what get it done.

2. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

I agree whole-heartedly. On the 2004-2005 team, we had Bob Sura, Jon Barry, and Mike James as our firebrands. They whole-heartedly believed we would either win easily or they would do whatever it took for us to win. Sometimes to our own detriment, BUT they battled and were not afraid to take "The" shot to give us either the win or the loss.

This year we do not have that. Hence why we sometimes wittle at the end of games. We need someone who knows exactly what needs to be done at that point in time. (You can break it down to what needs to be done on the play right now) I can only hope that management sees what many other Rocket fans see.

Next, I whole-heartedly disagree with us needing to perfect our defense. Our defense is NOT the problem, the problem is our offense. The indecisiveness on offense at times and the err.......the best way I can describe it is, tentativeness at times.(i.e. end of games) By tentativeness, I mean some players are seemingly scared to make a play at times in fear of it not working, as opposed to having confidence in what they will do will, in fact, work.

I really don't know what else to say, yesterday was disappointing to say the least. I really feel like our championship hopes are just passing us by. (I'm not only talking about this year, I'm talking any time in the near future, especially with the way McGrady is playing) It is really sad watching this happen.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

V-Span............

V-SPAN !!!!

V-SPAN !

4. armyman789

armyman789 Member

how do you expect him to be a leader and fire up his teammates when the dude can barely speak a lick of english.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He speaks the language of intensity baby !!

DD

6. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I said NOT perfecting our defense.. I think our defense is find but i think you didn't read it clearly.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

it's official, he thinks of V during sex also...

8. yaominn

yaominn Member

it's hard to find a player who

is cocky
    listens to jvg 100%
    accepts a role behind the two superstars

9. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

We've all been trying to figure out who DaDakota is off-line, and I think I've figured it out. He's either Dick Vitale or a relative.

Crazy about basketball. Check.
    Sometimes has some just plain bizarre analysis. Check.
    Way overrates the players he likes. Check.
    Is blind to evidence that contradicts his opinions. Check.
    Excitable. Check.

Can anyone help me continue this?

10. Sextuple Double

I gotta have some of that stuff you're on

11. Sextuple Double

I once said this board thinks Vspan = Jason Kidd with Steve Nash jumpshot and Magic Johnson's court vision. This is why.

I think he's Vspan himself. He's trying to rally the fans to cheer him on and and support his weak case for playing time.

12. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

We do have one. Too bad he's ass isn't coming back from his knee injury.

13. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

This ain't an essay writing contest dude!!!

14. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Its called MAN LOVE and its a bit metrosexual if you ask me. :)

15. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

we need a bench, our starters are always too tired from bailing out the bench, our best players off the bench are luther head who has no position, and juwon howard

16. Sextuple Double

Never mind then. I thought it was some kinda new blow. No homo.

17. ikfit

ikfit Member

Jeff not too stubbern.

1. He should "learn from" our fans: last year we said Hyas will help us, he figured it out till now.
    we said play vspan before JL3, he still don't even give a try.
    we said we need a more than 8 players rotation, he ..
    we said we need more way to do our O, he do it a little bit better than last year.
    we said don't use too many too old NY players, he change it after 1 year and half.

2. design some O plan for Tmac.

and we really need is hit our shots......

18. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

we need a third scorer capable of putting at least 15+ points a game. in 2004 we had mike james who was that guy. we also had wesley and jon barry who imho were better than luther head and kirk snyder.

19. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

STEVE FRANCIS

20. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

ughh no i do not want francis simply b/c he does us more harm than good. i'd pick mike james over francis any day.