1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Teams are you T-Shirt Fans of?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sishir Chang, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Member

I know we're all die hard loyalist to our team and will stick with them through thick and thin but lets face it there are sometimes when our teams just aren't the teams of destiny that we know they should be and you find yourself in the post season having to watch playoffs and bowl games without our favorites. I'm coming to that realization right now as it looks like the Stros just aren't going to be able to muster whatever mojo they had the last two years. So when your team is mathematically eliminated or the gets screwed by the BCS who do you root for?

In football in spite of Bud Adams (may his name be cursed) I still like the Oilers er Titans, still trying to warm up to the Texans, but I don't expect either of those teams to be making it into the playoffs anytime soon so I've been rooting for the Philadelphia Eagles and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I had a friend in college who was a huge Buccaneers fan when they sucked so I was glad to see them doing good.

In baseball I have to admit I've gotten caught up in the Boston Red Sox hype. I know they're just a dysfunctional version of the Yankees who have the misfortune of playing in the same division as the Yankees but I like all the history, Fenway and hate the Yankees so much I have to root for the Bosox. Like the Twins a lot too.

I know this is a Rocket site and I bleed Rockets red, as much as the rest of you, but I gotta admit I like the Spurs and when the Rockets aren't in the playoffs I'm rooting for that other Texas team on I-10.

When I'm not bleeding Rockets red I'm bleeding California Blue and Gold, but for most of the time since I first went to Cal that Blue and Gold wasn't running much around Christmas and New Years. So when Cal's not around I've been rooting for the burnt orange. The other college football team I will root for in their own right is Michigan (Take that Notre Dame) which made the 2004-2005 bowl season particularly awkward since the BCS screwed Cal out of the Rose Bowl for Texas who played Michigan.

2. Kam

Kam Member

:eek: :eek: :( :eek:

Kill yourself now. The spurs?

the spurs?

the spurs???

you couldnt cheer for the bulls or for the celtics, or the raptors, or the sonics, or the heat, but the SPURS?

3. mrpaige

mrpaige Member

Personally, I've been a Spurs fan since birth, so the Mavs and Rockets are my non-Spurs teams.

Honestly, living in Dallas, it's hard not to get kind of attached to the local teams because there's so much written/said/reported about them, especially when they're good or they're the Cowboys.

I still can't bring myself to root for the Cowboys. I just can't. But the Rangers, Mavs and Stars are always on my radar.

Hate to say it, but I haven't watched an NFL game in two years, and I was only catching a few games here and there since the year the Oilers played at Vanderbilt Stadium. The loss of the Oilers took away my rooting interest, and though I've tried to be Texans Fan #1, without the history, it just hasn't worked for me.

I did buy a Dodgers t-shirt when I was in L.A. earlier this year. I don't root for them, but since I've been slowly going Hollywood since I was inducted into the WGA, I will probably eventually get to the point where I lose my mind and begin to root for them a little.

4. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Member

The only time I rooted for the Spurs was when they played against Dallas, but even then I felt guilty.

5. Uprising

Uprising Member

Honestly, I don't think i'm a t-shirt fan for any team.

Every team I root for i have somekind of a connection to. (living in the city etc.)

I really only watch Houston sports teams. I don't sit there watching entire games of the NBA, or NFL, or MLB if they aren't houston teams.

And for the college level, I follow the two schools I've been to. TCU, and TAMU.

6. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Member

I almost feel like a tshirt Houston Texans fan. It's sadistic because I love how bad they are. When Carr gets sacked and gets pissed, I'm dying with laughter.

7. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

only shirts I wear represent UT and Houston sports.

8. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Member

The Spurs aren't just a good team but a good organization and overall seem to have a good character. The Spurs play excellent fundamental team ball and carry themselves with decorum. Plus having Eva Longoria on the sidelines doesn't hurt either.

I didn't dislike the Jordan era bulls but I'm distrustful of dynasties, unless its the Rox. I will never forgive the Celtics for the 1986 NBA Finals. Yeah they were a great team and Ralph Sampson should've kept his cool but the arrogance of th 1986 Celts was insufferable. The Raptors? I can't root for the Sonics since they were the main antagonists of the Rox in the 1990's and cheated on D. The Heat, nothing against the Heat but can't stand Shaq.

9. Kam

Kam Member

i just picked random teams.

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

I bleed Houston sports when it comes to the NBA and MLB.

Not a hardcore NFL fan. I have been rooting for the Eagles since before the Texans were formed. I guess they're my team...

Of course it's easy to get into the Texans since I hear about 'em a lot...

No wavering on the Rockets. I hate the Spurs, but I absolutely despise the Dallas Mavericks. I almost jumped a guy wearing a Nowitzski jersey on the UT campus yesterday. I don't mess around. I only cheer for the Eastern Conference when the Rockets aren't in it anymore. I've always liked the Pistons, and lately I've caught Dwyane Wade fever, so I like Miami too.

As far as baseball goes, I love the Astros, but I found myself attached to the Athletics growing up, and currently I'm caught up with how well the Twins are doing (thanks moes).

11. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

Yes thay are a great team, yes they are a good organization... but man this is a rocket's board. You out of your mind?

12. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Member

Rockets
    Heat (when Zo plays)

Titans
    Texans

Manchester United
    Barcelona
    Brazil Nat'l team
    Holland Nat'l team

I enjoy watching the NBA & NFL but just can't really passionately get into regular season games if they are not the teams I am rooting for. The playoffs are different b/c the atmosphere is so different and the stakes so much higher to where I can watch most games. In soccer I enjoy the game so much that I can just about watch any teams (except the mls and Mexican leagues)-although I like the DYnamo when it is live and in person.

13. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Member

I am with you. If my H-town teams are not playing I usually just kind of watch with no rooting interest. I will root for former H-town players.

14. Faos

Faos Member

15. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Member

I'm not so much a T-Shirt fan of the Brazillian National Team as I am a tank top and hot pants fan.

[​IMG]

16. AMS

AMS Member

the wolves,
    france national soccer team,
    the reds.

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

18. Uprising

Uprising Member

Exaclty, and the only teams I kind of root for that aren't the stros are the teams playing the cubbies. :p

[​IMG]

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Im not a t-shirt fan of any team.

'F a t-shirt fan.

20. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

the niners have the best colors in all of sports