1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Sucks Worse, BK's Breafast or the Commercials

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pgabriel, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

OMG, breakfast tacos...one good thing about working in Channelview is that there are lots of little mexican food places around there....the ones ran by little latino ladies who barely speak english make the absolute best breakfast tacos ever. Choriso, potato, egg, grated cheese and a touch of that green sauce they all have.

Cant have them anymore...but man I used to mack on those in the morning.

2. Steve_Francis_rules

You say mayonnaise sucks and yet you show a picture of a chicken sandwich with a ton of mayo on it?

Here's a hint: if you don't like mayo on your burger, order it without mayo. It's really no that hard.

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Nearby that area is Tornado Taco and Tornado Burger which started serving breakfast also. Lots of options in that area.

Just be careful when you're in line at that Wingstop in the Stafford area. :eek:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7261770.html

#63 v3.0, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

What?!? You can order it without???

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Weird, It seems to get lost in translation somewhere between the person taking the order/the cook/the person placing the food in the bag at least 50% of the time. It drives me crazy.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'm curious why it takes so damn long to fill an order. People need to call ahead or order online. That decreases the wait time significantly. Sounds like two hot heads with no patience didn't want the other one to get his wings first.

7. Steve_Francis_rules

The BK near where I live is actually really good in terms of service. I've only ever once had an order messed up when I was there.

Still, I understand the frustration of a place that always gets your order wrong, especially when you like to go through the drive-thru.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I love Miller's Burger Cafe in Houston if anyone knows what I'm talking about. their burgers come with mustard so you have to say no mustard and tell them mayo if you want it. one day they screwed it up and rather just give me a new bun the lady actually made me show her the ticket that I had to pull out of the garbage. I was so freakin pissed

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Its Wendy's that does it to me. Some stores are worse than others, but once I ordered a Crispy Chicken Deluxe with no mayo, and it ended up with mayo. I gave it back to them and said I wanted no mayo. They made me a brand new sandwich with mayo. The 3rd go around the guy put mayo on it again, but the manager saw it before it got to me and so they had to make it a 4th time. How ridiculous is that? We check our order from Wendy's every time, because of how often they've put mayo on my sandwich and how many times they have given my wife homestyle when she orders grilled.

Part of why I love the double cheeseburger from BK is it comes the exact way I want it. No need to tell them no mayo or onions. So they never screw it up.

10. Joshfast

Supporting Member

The one in Clear Lake was nails -very under-rated burger.

I haven't been there in ages, thanks for the reminder.

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Mayo is very awesome although I've been on some kind of jalapeño phase recently, been eating them on everything!

12. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

I always combine both on my burgers plus mustard. uhhhh so good

[​IMG]

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm all about honey mustard, honey dijon now..

Btw, miracle whip >> mayo

I don't eat fast food ever. I figure I would rather have a shawarma or something if I'm trying to spend $5. But I did tear up some whataburger after going out Sat night.

14. Joshfast

Supporting Member

Sorry for the derail but where do you get your shawarma? The best i have encounered is Shawarma King on Hilcroft and Richmond. Try the chicken it's :cool:

15. Fatty FatBastard

Try Zabak's on Westheimer and Fountainview for a shwarma. And be sure to try the felafel there just once, as well. You won't be disappointed. There's a reason this family has had a restaurant in Houston for over 20 years.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I can't believe I still haven't tried this place. I'll go soon.

My favorite is House of Kabob on Westheimer & Voss. Ranosh is solid and so is Phoenicia Deli.

Ive never been a big fan of Fadi's sandwiches mainly because of their plates being better.