1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Sports do you watch? (Detail)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by texanskan, Jun 8, 2007.

1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Baseball-Astros, playoff games, college super regionals/CWS and every now and then I'll watch a non Astros game depending on my mood.

Football-Texans, UT, LSU and UH (go to games here but can't watch many of their road games since most are not on tv) Oh yeah like every bowl game, all the playoffs and just about any other NCAA or NFL game on.

Basketball-Rockets, UT and UH (when I can/don't conflict with the Rockets), NCAA tourny and the NBA playoffs plus I just watch a lot of NBA regular season games.

Tennis, all the majors, davis cup and most of the Masters events

Golf, PGA tour every week majors I watch very close and the others I check in on them.

Hockey-pass

Soccer-USA, Greece, Dynamo, World Cup, Euro Cup

Racing, Sometimes a little of everything F1, Indy, NHR, Nascar (Not a fan just every now and then.

Bowling/Poker/Pool/Rugby/Horse Racing=me at the beach

Boxing/UFC I am a casual fan

What about y'all?

2. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Baseball- maaaybe the last inningo of a Blue Jays game.

Football- If there's an NFL game on...I'll watch it.

Basketball- NCAA tourney - big NCAA matchups - Any Rockets/Suns/Raptors games and other games as well.

Tennis- maybe 3 hours a year.

Golf- highlights.

Hockey- every Canucks game and almost every playoff game in the last two rounds.

Soccer- World Cup or Canada games (canada beat costa rica!)

Racing- used to watch CART...now, not so much.

Bowling/Poker/Pool/Rugby/Horse Racing= if i'm really bored i'll watch poker.

Boxing/UFC- big fights.

3. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Baseball-Astros (if they're winning - Yes, I'm a fair weather fan for this team so f off), playoff games

Football-Texans first, but any NFL game. College depends on if it's a rivalry, try to catch most of the Texas (UH, Texas, A&M, Tech). All playoff pro and college. This is my favorite sport.

Basketball-Rockets, UT and UH (when I can/don't conflict with the Rockets), NCAA tourny and the NBA playoffs plus I just watch a lot of NBA regular season games. I stole texanskan, because that is me.

Tennis, all the majors, davis cup and most of the Masters events. I kinda watch from a distance and then jump in if I know whos playing and brag.

Golf, not much of anything anymore. I suck at golf.

Hockey-pass

Soccer-USA, Dynamo, World Cup if they are lucky

Racing, Daytona and Indy for sure

Bowling/Poker/Pool/Rugby/Horse Racing=me riding my Harley

Boxing/UFC Not much into boxing anymore. I do like MMA occasionally

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Baseball- Astros

Football- Texans, Eagles, Raiders, Buccaneers, Texas Longhorns, Michigan Wolverines, other top 25 matchups

Basketball- March Madness, reg. season Longhorns, Rockets, and crucial Western Conference reg. season matchup, NBA playoffs

Tennis- federer. but not cause i like the game. also womens tennis sometimes to hear them grunt

Golf- never

Hockey- i've always been somewhat interested in the Flames and Oilers...go Alberta i guess

Soccer- none

Bowling - amusing to watch, but I don't make a habit of it.

5. AXG

AXG Member

I only watch basketball. Occasionally I see an Astros or Texans game but not much of baseball or football. I only began seeing the Dynamo play. As for the other sports, I never watch them.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I have trouble watching if I don't have a cheering interest. Thus, I mostly watch Bucs, ROX, and Yankees games. Occasionally, I will watch something else if there is a player I want to get a look at, or a particular analyst I want to hear (like JVG in the finals this year) or if I am with other people that want to watch something (in which case I like to cheer against whoever they like).

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Baseball - Astros; World Series

NFL - Texans; Marquis regular season matchups; Playoffs

NBA - Rockets; Playoffs

NCAA - Best college football game on at the time; Most Bowl games; March Madness; College World Series

Hockey - Flyers; Stanley Cup

Tennis - Wimbeldon; US Open

Golf - Majors; Ryder Cup

Soccer - World Cup; Dynamo if they're on TV

Racing - NASCAR (Most Nextel Cup races and some Busch races)

Other - WWE on occasion; a little UFC; HBO Boxing

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Baseball - Astros (fair weather - mostly cause baseball is my third favorite sport in the major sports); watch other games for fantasy sports; watch college baseball playoffs.

Basketball - Rockets; other games for fantasy sports; watch big UT games (Big Monday etc.) and college basketball playoffs.

Football - Watch Cowboys and root for other team; laugh at Texans; watch other games for fantasy sports; I love college football - favorite sport and level - will watch every game on TV.

9. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I pretty much follow the three major sports hardcore. Of course, I always watch my home teams. I follow the sports and will pretty much watch any good game. I usually get Extra Innings and the NBA League Pass. I dont have direct tv so no nfl sunday ticket.

The problem is I go to alot of games a year.

I go to about 30 (35 being my high) Astros games a year, about 22-27 Rockets games. (27 being my high) and about eight or so Texans game. I usually end up missing a pre season game and one regular season game.

As for the other sports, I watch the majors in golf. Of course I follow college football religously as well as the ncaa tourney. Dont watch too much regular season college basketball. ( I prefer the NBA) As for my college teams I support UT and UH eventhough I didnt go to either school.

10. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

basketball - Rockets, won't miss a game. I watch other teams when I can, but can get bored and do something else. Watch NCAA Tourney only

baseball - Will watch when there is nothing else to watch. Astros only

football - will watch any of the games on Sunday, wont' stick for the whole game but will watch the recap shows on NBC

hockey - no, not really

soccer - World Cup, anything else is boring

racing - forget it

11. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Baseball- Watch all Astros home games..many road games. Catch a couple UH or Rice baseball games live.

Basketball- Most Rockets games...most Cougar games, good playoff matchups, March madness

Football- Watch all Texans and Cougar games (sometimes I have to settle for listening to Cougar games). Watch many Cowboy and UT games to root for the opposition. Most playoff games and good in season matchups.

Soccer- Team USA occasional Dynamos

Boxing- Selected good fights

Hockey- Aeros live on occasion

Tennis/Golf/Auto Racing/MMA Could care less

Horse Racing- Only if I am betting

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The Rockets, some Astros, but more late in the season, when they make their run, and a couple of NFL games. Used to be a rabid Oilers fan. As much a fan as I am of the Rocks. Have never been able to get into the Texans, sadly. I love the big college football games if it involves a team I particularly love or hate. And, of course, the NCAA basketball tournament.

90% Rockets, with LP and the DVR. Wish I could find the '86 WC Finals series with the Lakers on DVD.

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Baseball- Doesn't matter who's playing, I'll watch it. It's why I bought the baseball package through Time Warner for. Loves me some Baseball.

Football- Texans for a few laughs, Titans for Jesus Vince, Eagles as I loved 'em when I was younger. Loved watching Cunningham back in the day. I MISS MY OILERS!

Basketball- Rockets of course, but love it all. I will be buying the Basketball package with Comcast to suit my needs.

College- Gee, Beave. I dunno. Aggies? :pUKE ON THE GROUND!:

Nascar- Big Stewart fan, or anything Joe Gibbs racing.

Spelling Bee- That nerdy kid with glasses and the cotton shirt who always speels right. Dope **** right thur.

Your mothers- Doggy style, sometimes in the pooper. Dirty Sanchez's afterwards rules.

14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Basketball - Every Rockets game, most games between good teams (TNT, ESPN), all West playoff games, Finals, everything All-Star (celebrity game, all that garbage)

Baseball - Every Astros game, games that matter to the Astros' standing late in the season, some playoffs/WS; I watched the 2001, 2003, and 2005 (Astros) WS in their entirety, All-Star stuff

Football - Super Bowl, little bits of playoff games

Hockey - None

Soccer - World Cup (any game I can find, usually)

Auto - F1 when I come across it, the last few laps of any race I come across near the end

Darts - Any match which has that crazy Irishman commentating or Phil "The Power" Taylor, who's apparently a huge boring ass according to my uncle who met him

Olympics - Most track and field finals, anything with an intriguing story (Rolan Gardner [sp?] for example), USA basketball

Martial arts - Anything sponsored by Paul Mitchell

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Basketball: All NBA games I can watch.

Football: All NFL games

college, only 3 or 4 complete games and highlights (basketball and football)

Soccer: World Cup, and some other I like it, but I mainly watch international games.

Baseball: I like it, but I dont see the entire game, only some innings or the highlights

Hockey: none

Tennis and golf: I like it, but not the entire day, I watch more golf than tennis

Bowling, poker: When its nothing more on the TV

Wrestling: I only watch some ufc highlights, and Im a casual fan of the WWE

Racing: Only highlights

Olympics: Almost all

16. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

nba- rockets, mavs, suns, gs warriors as of late
    nfl- texans, pats, colts
    tennis- federer or nadal
    college basketball- any team with a future nba star, ill check em out.
    thats all- baseball, hockey, soccer, and golf can blow me, they aren't tv sports for most of the game.

17. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Curling is great. I fancy myself as a very good bar shuffleboarder (the sliding discs on the long, sandy wooden thing), so I appreciate it.

You gotta have the golden touch.

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

basketball - every rockets game
    baseball - astros
    football - mainly just the highlights to see what my fantasy players do. i'll root for the texans but i don't make it a point to watch their games like i do the astros and rockets.
    tennis - i love tennis but i only watch if i happen to catch it when it's on. i will make sure and watch if it's a grandslam final though.

that's pretty much it, i'm not into college sports.

20. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Baseball-Every Astros game I can. Any playoff game. Random regular season game if I'm really bored. All star game

Football- Every Texans game. Big matchups. 4th quarter of any game if close
    Every Texas Tech game/Big time college matchup. BCS Bowls/ Playoffs

Basketball- Every Rockets game I can. Every Tech game I can. All star games. Sexy regular season matchups. Some playoff games.

Tennis- None

Golf- None

Hockey- None

Soccer- None

Racing- None

Bowling/Poker/Pool/Rugby/Horse Racing= Some Poker.

Boxing/UFC- Casual fan of UFC will watch but dont care to much