1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What should we expect from our young guys?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aggie 99, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Handles

Handles Member

Remember when he won us that game last season? Was it twolves?

2. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

We actually have a pretty good track record with those mid first rounders that spend most of their rookie season in the D-League. Not that they became world beaters but Morris, Patterson, Canaan and D-Mo all showed huge improvements in their sophomore season and became good rotational players. Capela may already be a good back up center, and I'm pretty optimistic that we'll see an improvement from Johnson too.

Dekker seems like the a player that is "NBA ready" but Ariza, Brewer, Papa, and McDaniel are all competing for minutes at that spot, I think we may see Harrell more simply out of a need for depth at the four.

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Isn't Jones 23 years old and DMO 24?

4. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

How has KJ been an impact player?

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

For the 76ers he was

6. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

Imo nick johnson is better than jeremy lin

7. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

No I just remember air balls and him missing layup shots that middle schoolers could make

8. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

If he could develop a jumper, he could be quite useful. I remember him getting blocks on Steph and John Wall his rookie season. Pretty sick defensive potential at the 1 spot.

9. BandAidMan

BandAidMan Member

Dekker's shot needs a lot of work and he has motor issues. The guy has elite talent but disappears for stretches. He'll need to step it up if he is going to contribute this year. Not taking plays off is something that most rookies will tell you is the biggest change from college to pro. For a guy like Dekker who struggles with that already, I expect there to be a learning curve.

As an Arizona fan, I watched Nick Johnson a lot in college. I love the kid but he's just not a PG and he's never been a consistent 3 point shot. He defends and finishes well so he could see PT. But he's not well rounded enough to be more than a 7th / 8th rotation guy.

10. nomangame

nomangame Member

If they aren't given significant playing minutes, there's nothing to expect out of them except hope