1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What should we do if JVG really gets banned?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by happyricky, May 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

blessing in disguise?

2. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

David Stern's gigantic ego is just talking sh**

No court in this country would support a coach getting banned from his profession for criticizing the referees...

Don't forget the All-Star game will be in Houston next year... can you imagine David Stern walking around Houston after banning our coach ??

Forget about it..

I can see a long suspension for Van Gundy coming next year though, because Stern is just an ass like that...

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

There should be some way where the players' union can vote to impeach Stern. If there is and Van Gundy gets banned, Stern is gone. 'Nuff said.

4. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

If Van Gundy is banned, the NBA will be giving him back that $100,000 plus alot more money back in a lawsuit. Stern really needs to get that ego in check.

5. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

jordan, magic and bird lead the nba to its golden era. stern has created an environment where there is no freedom of speech unless you have millions to blow (ahhhm cuban ahhhm).

why is the officiating so bad? why is there no instant replay in the playoffs? why are floppers inherently at an advantage and not penalized like they are in soccer? ask stern. or don't, you might get fined... :rolleyes:

6. leehoang

leehoang Member

7. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

ill stop going to rockets games and stop buying anything that has to do with the NBA. and ill pee on the toyota center.

8. ikfit

ikfit Member

We all rockets fans and YOF will go to NY nba headquater and block the traffic

9. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

I don't think he will get banned, but all this has to make the All-Star game next year that more interesting.

10. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I JVG gets banned...expect legal confrontations and a lockout baby! This would truly shake up the NBA...

11. T_in_Charlotte

T_in_Charlotte Contributing Member

There's one thing about this whole exchange that no one is mentioning and I believe it will prevent Stern from doing anything else, might even make him reduce the fine....Don't think for an instant that Billy Hunter, president of the NBAPA, isn't paying very close attention to this. If the refs change their style, just because of Cuban...who is an owner, then imagine how well that goes over in renegotiating the Collective Bargaining Agreement (no, I didn't use CBA, some moron would crack jokes about that league)?

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That's the one thing we, as fans, could do that would hurt the NBA more than the Rockets. It would hurt the Rockets a little bit, but it definitely would hurt the NBA more. If we truly want to protest, and if Van Gundy does get suspended, we could just not show up to the all-star game. What would be better than that? The only thing is - I don't know if there's a way to convince people not to go to the all-star game.

13. win2k

win2k Member

Will JVG be banned for lifetime?

That is the only thing I am worrying about.

Can someone give some idea?
    Because I am a chinese fan, I am not familar with the politics of USA.

14. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Naaaaaaah, even Barkley the Rocket hater said nothing was gonna happen. It's all reactionary rough and gruff from Stern. I'll be surprised if anything else happens. Even the national media had his back today, and thats something.

15. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Did you have to start another thread about this subject? There are at least 2 already with tons of conversation.

16. langal

langal Contributing Member

I wouldn't be too worried about that. If Ron Artest can comeback - so can JVG. There would be a huge media/fan/coaches/player backlash if Stern banned him.

17. win2k

win2k Member

I am sorry. Maybe I missed some threads about this topic because there are too many new threads.

If this thread bother you guys ,please lock it.

18. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

This won't happen in a million years, but if it did...

Would you rather hire Phil Jackson, Rudy, or a guy like Flip Saunders?

It's a win, win, win situation.

19. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

You notice that all the posters who started tens of similar threads are either newbies or just don't post much around here, so they don't know the rules?

Could just be a coincidence!

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

For what? For what JVG said. It's going to get ugly if Stern dares to go that way. I mean NBA bankrupt ugly.