1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

What should the Rockets do at #15?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperS32, Jun 13, 2002.

?

What should we do at #15?

1. Pick the best SF avilable (Nachbar?)

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. Pick the best defensive SF avilable (Chris Jeffries?)

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Use it to move up in the draft

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Trade the pick for a veteren

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. Pick the best player avilable, regardless of position

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  6. None of the above (specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

We already know they'll pick Ming, so what should they do at #15? I think moving up by trading KT and/or Mooch to get a premier SF would be the best option, since we already have Tierre and Griffin at backup PG and PF and we need a good young SF like Woods or Tskitishvilli.

PS- It should be avAilable, not avilable :eek:

#1 SuperS32, Jun 13, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2002
  2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I don't know if you can really call them veterans, but I would try to package the fifteenth pick with some player(s) and try to acquire Lewis, Artest, or Odom (in that order). I know we could only do a sign and trade with Seattle after the free agency signing period begins. I realize that Lewis probably can't be acquired this way, but Artest or Odom might.

Otherwise, I rate the small forwards in the draft
    Dunleavy/Butler/Nachbar/Jefferies/Woods

Dunleavy and Butler are going to be taken too early so you can pretty much cross them out. But the last three are definite possiblities. I don't see Jefferies or Woods getting much playing time at all, but I think Nachbar could do well his first year.

I'm pretty sure Tsika... will end up being a PF like Gasol, but maybe they could take a chance on him if they can somehow move up.