1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what should Rox do after Yao's surgery?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kyle7758521, Jul 19, 2009.

1. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

1. dismiss the veterans(Barry), clean up the low-efficiency guy(Rookies)
    2. Trade McGrady and rebuild team ahead
    3. rely on the current lineup, fight for a position of Playoff
    4. "Fight" for Letus Area and gain a good selection position in 2010 Rookies
    5. others(you could write down what is your solution?)

At the same time, let's pray for Yaoming. He is a true worrior, a great competitor, and also a great Rockets Player. Let's wish him rehabing completely after surgery, and fight for Rox for furure.
    I believe he will lead us again and gain some prosperity!!!

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I say just let TMAC recover use the guys we have on the team and make a push for the playoffs while trading pieces away through out the season like Barry/Cook for salary cap space. One thing that has me intrigued is Morey's comments lately about leaving a roster spot open incase they need to take on salary, this has me thinking a move will happen that might change the above statement a bit.

3. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Just prepare for this season. It would be a hard task but with some pieces that can be traded, the rockets can find pieces to work with. They could also take the road in waiting for Tmac to recover and help this team in a playoff push. Morey has a lot to do but as people say In Morey We trust. :D

4. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

In Morey We trust. .. a good saying. i will keep it in mind.

so wait for Mac, and get to the palyoff(or maybe be not), and meets LA in 1st round. You want to see how Kobe teaches Mac a lesson? I do not want to see that. I would like Yao to lead us with Mac's help to beat LA in 2010-2011.

So I think we could wait for both Yao and Mac for a season. Give them enough time for rehab. Plus we could select a good rookie in 2010, we will be a top team again. I Still Have Faith in Yao+McGrady combination!!!

5. rocketsmetalspd

I would want the team to be ready to go from the start of the season. I know Yao is out but the team can not be waiting on TMac to come back in Feb. If he can some how be ready sooner that would be great but I have been saying all long he should be traded before the start of the season so that the team will be ready to compete at the start of the season and not have to wait on TMac to get ready; for some reason I trust that Yao will be ready to play this seaon in late March then to wait for TMac to play.

6. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

For what reason, you trust? did you know any thing about this surgery. Some people said yao is puting his life as a bet for going through this surgery.