1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What should happen to Mauri?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 7, 2016.

?

If you were Les, what would you do with Morey?

1. Fire him!

20.2%
  2. Give him at least one more year

68.2%
  3. Not sure / Other

11.6%
  1. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Maybe the deal is already in place before Morey is fired..

2. Sanity2disChaos

While the world keeps spinning.... He is exceptional with numbers and that's it. Either way it goes I'm still a Rockets fan ( screw variables) and want what's best. Too bad,from the very top to the bottom, this bunch is not capable.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He doesn't need to be fired.

Hell he doesn't even have to be demoted, he can remain GM.

All that we ask is that he stops with the dictatorship (especially on-court)

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it will take couple of weeks, maybe even a month when everything clears

Coaching, New GM or old GM, new players and so on

5. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Les choosing McHale from Morey's final two candidates really set this franchise back. And his fascinations with big names to sell tickets.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I voted for other. If he can't improve the basketball culture by hiring and giving
    authority to a competent head coach along with capable assistants, in the off season he shouldn't be in Houston.

He also needs to get good players that can play as a team. He shouldn't buckle in to what Les wants, i.e. more of the same stuff with newer names.

#26 saleem, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yep, there should've been an option for extending his contract, which I would've voted for. As Lex, I would also double down on our approval of him by bringing Hinkie back.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The goal of the poll was to contrast how many people wanted him gone versus keeping him on.

Putting all these options there would have distracted from that.

9. Harden's beard

give him one more chance