1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What should be "Plan B" for the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket_4_Life, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I would rather trade TRob than Terrence or Dmo at this point. Plus, TRob saves you the most money. Rice isn't going to fall to us at 34 in my opinion. I don't think he goes past 25. He's a perfect player to back up the wing in my opinion and has a lot of upside. I think we already waived Garcia. We can pick him back up for the minimum. He was effective in the playoffs and might be useful while we're grooming Rice to fill the position. I don't have much confidence in Anderson.

I think Rice fills the need for your three point shooting wing and he's more athletic than Hamilton.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Josh Smith then package for Love -- should be plan A imo

3. rocketblood713

Josh Smith is plan B remember

4. pass_to_Hakeem

LMAO!!!!!!

5. pass_to_Hakeem

Tyreke is garbage!!! I would rather keep Lin over Tyreke. What has Tyreke done in the last couple years. He had a few good years and for some reason his name is mentioned in every trade scenario involving HOU.. No Thanks!!!

6. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Plan B is trading for a star PF.

7. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

My plan has Lin coming off the bench, which will be good for him because he'll have the ball in his hands. Harden is the primary ball-handler in our offense. Tyreke had a great rookie season, took a few steps back, and then had a solid year this past season. I probably over-priced him at $11,000,000.00, but it might take that to get him away from Sacramento. Who knows?

Regardless, you still have a 23 yr old, 6'5/220lb, pg/sg that scored more points and had a higher PER than Felton, Lin, and Teague last year. It would really create mismatches at the 1 position down low. Tyreke isn't CP or Dwill, but he isn't garbage and would be a slight upgrade at PG.

8. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Get Iggy signed..... Wait for next off season for that PF

9. monster

monster Member

Blatche could be a decent pick up fort the price, but my plan B is to remain flexible for the following FA class. Gasol isn't my favorite player, but he could help fort one year and keep us cap flexible.

10. fattz

fattz Member

Okay - we are only clearing salary to land a "super star" - this is plan "B" hold on to the best players and deal the rest. (We have Blatche coming over in our dream world, too) So some bigs need to go. We saw what D-Mo is last season (he is not the answer - way to soft). Greg Smith is Greg Smith (the best part about him is his contract and those big hands). TRob and Jones look to have the most up side and fit for our team best. Asik and Timmy O are keepers for now.

Rice vs Hamilton. Rice is a nice player and would fit well if he plays like he did RGV (what would you give to trade up for him in the draft). Hamilton is a rebounder from the wing, though. (that was missed a lot last year). It would be nice to have both.

Anderson looked like a player that lacked coaching but is coachable.

Did not read about Garcia (not saying it didn't happen just didn't catch it)

11. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I think if we don't get Dwight, we should trade T-Rob, Aaron Brooks, and Carlos Delfino to the Lakers for Pau Gasol. Use the rest of the money to resign 'Cisco, our 2nd rounder (for me it would be Mike Muscala), and a backup SG, preferably J.J Redick. We also need an insurance policy PG, we could land Ronnie Price at a really cheap cost. We could resign Pau to a 3 yr/$30 million deal. Heck if we wanted to really shake things up we could sign Bynum to a 3 yr deal (with a team option on the 2nd year).

Lin/Bev/Price
    Harden/Redick
    Parsons/Garcia
    Gasol/T-Jones/D-Mo
    Bynum/Muscala/D-Mo

12. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

PLan B Players.

Josh Smith

MarShoon Brooks

Iggy

thats all I got really.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Get a power forward! Who are they?

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

Garnett and Pierce.

15. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]

I already posted Keyser's real plan A..

[​IMG]

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Agreed.

17. jocar

jocar Member

scratch that, sign this dude

[​IMG]

18. albuster

albuster Member

It does not really matter to me whether the Rockets have Plan A to Plan Z. What really matters is that do they have plans to have a championship within the foreseeable future? where is that plan, if any? Treading water plans are good for off season discussions but fans in Rockets land are thirsting for a championship run. Well, at least I am.

19. albuster

albuster Member

What I am really saying is that I am very jealous of Spurs and Heat fans. We used to scoff at them as the Rockets were perennial championship contenders. When can we get back that Clutch City pride again?

20. Jharden13

Jharden13 Member

If we don't sign Dwight who should be the next target?

Forgive me if this has been talked about before.

Who would you want? Josh Smith? Bynum? Iggy?

who else would be a better fit?