1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what sg are still available, or what sg should we be targeting?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketboi, Jul 18, 2010.

1. OvenproofBadger

I would class Rip as more of an efficient shooter than ball in hand volume shooter

2. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

how about another ex-king :grin:

[​IMG]

3. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

WTH...It's the Clippers!

4. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

yeah but he did play with the kings with Brad and K-Mart

5. johnnyonthespot

This.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

there's 2 guys we can only count on the sg position. Chase and K-martin.

Why can't we get a tough nose matt barnes? Add some toughness that left with Artest for 1/5 the price.

7. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

thank you, people here are all homers, they overrate players. JT isnt good enough to fill a backup sg for a championship caliber, unless we dont want to become that.

and budinger can play sg, but he wont thrive in it, his perfect role is a sf, he is a slasher, which ariza is too. a sg needs to have handles and quickness, not saying bud doesnt, but if you look at his style of playing to lets say martin, kobe, and most of the sg in the league, its different. we need a pure guard, not someone who can switch back and forth.

8. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

thats what i mean by assets, thaats why they are called assets, so we can trade to UPGRADE.

and why upgrade the 3, i dont think you seen our rockets roster, but we have the 3 spot pretty filled in. in fact i think we have one of the better 3 spots in the nba. ariza/budinger/battier 2 defensive beasts, 2 athletic freaks, and 2 three point shooters, oh yea and 2 young players....where else are you going to find something better?

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not that i think either position needs upgrading, but 3 guys for one spot is usually too much, especially when their isn't much separating the three...so i'm assuming he means upgrading so you have one clear and primary starter and one backup...

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It was some article that said he was not just mindlessly going to the hole, that he had patience and purpose and some other crap like that..........

11. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Ah, the after the first summer league game article.

That is all he did in that game, but he had a good matchup, it was all downhill from there.

DD

13. brosef

brosef Member

im honestly getting annoyed with folks thinking we could possible land pual, melo or granger through trade. aint happening.

14. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

Agreed, he didn't win himself any minutes in the SL. In fact I think Ariza is going to be the backup 2 and get some minutes as the 3 also. I think he's better suited to play with the 2nd team with Miller and Lowry and Budinger. Although I think Battier will solidify the starting lineup for his defense and his shortcomings on offense won't stick out as much.

Hayes will also play the 2nd team to solidify the defense there. If you put Battier and Hayes together with Miller and Lowry, you'll take away Miller's greatest strenght of getting the ball to a cutter.

15. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

your right!! we should get rudy fernandez

16. luisantonio1014

definitely Rashad McCants! he could be our new Von Wafer. They should think about trading Anderson and Jeffries to make room for him and maybe another C.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morris Almond...

18. mms

mms Member

Luther Head is still looking for a job.

19. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

Rudy or Von would be nice on this team...

20. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

I was surprised the Rockets didn't pursue Kyle Korver. The guy is an incredible 3-piont shooter and has a high bb IQ. Would have been a perfect fit for this team with Yao back.